Maybe I'm to sensitive??

Pip52976

Reaction score
Does anyone else get really frustrated with other women who feel the need to tell you how they manged to work right up to last week and how they didn't feel tired or sick or any pain. That's great I'm really pleased for you!!! It's hard enough dealing with being in constant pain without other women making you feel like you're not going a good enough job!!!

I get irritated, but not frustrated but maybe I haven't had time to hear it as I left work at 30weeks.
Just tell them everyone is different and you have issues they prob didn't have.

I've had it both ways. I've been the sick as a dog for 9m with my first boy and with my second boy I barely feel pregnant if it weren't for the constant sleepiness but I do work and have a toddler lol.

I tend to ask how people have had it if they'r ill then I do sympathize and don't rub it in and just dont mention me but actually loads have just assumed I've had sickness. Its good to be able to say no you've felt OK because it's good to enjoy your pregnancy. And I deffo didn't last time lol.

Like Jo says explain everyone is different and move on. Its not worth huge frustration. Hope you feel better before baby makes an appearance.

xxxx

Last edited:
I have a boss who worked straight up to due date, however she's been really supportive as she's says she regrets it.

Anytime you get something like that just say ''good for you but I'm looking forward to spending some me time watch Jeremy kyle eating cake''

Pregnancy and mothering shouldn't be a competition some women (and men) need to get a life outside of their uterus.

I'm having a bit of a hormonal day ha.

I couldn't have managed 12he night shifts withy ligaments and had I wanted to work up to 38q I wouldn't have been allowed as I can barely walk now... People talk like There is some shame in going off early but I would rather go off early than be the one who waddles around like a duck with a ligament problem. I've taken my 9
Week (although 3 were holiday) to spend some time with my family, get ready for baby and just chill out. No harm in that I still won't need to go back until baby is 8 months old.

I'm stopping at 30 weeks and feel no shame in that. Mat leave will start at 36 weeks and I have 6 weeks annual leave that I'm taking before that. I've got PGP and struggling to walk as it is just now and I'm hoping that I can even make it to 30 weeks!

I'm going off at 36 wks and in a very competitive industry, so have had all the 'I didn't go off until the due date' women lol
Funnily enough my boss (a single mother) though thinks I'm timing it very well!
Tbh I don't think I could last much longer, spd and tiredness and all that crap. Feel like I'm crawling to the weekend every week, and I just got called in to work 10 hrs today (frickin Sunday!) to catch up with a deadline!
If anybody boasts to me about working longer or up to due date, I just say I'm putting the baby first - usually shuts em up ;-)

Last edited:
I think some people think, "she's only pregnant, stop milking it" but they don't take into consideration every woman & every pregnancy is different. With my first I had a terrible time. I couldn't even walk, I was in & out of hospital. After my risk assessment at work, I had to do long hours and an unsociable shift pattern and it was exhausting me. After a sleepless night in pain with severe SPD, SJD, heartburn & evening sickness, I was up at early & had to work until 7:30PM. I lived 45 mins away from work, so by the time I got in and had something to eat so late it set my heartburn off, bath & bed! I was struggling to keep my eyes open by 4PM let alone until I had to lock the office up.
I requested to have my shift pattern changed to normal 8AM - 5:30PM hours. It took a few weeks of battling this request but in the end I played the maternity rights card and "If there is no suitable alternative working pattern, your employer must suspend you on full pay for as long as necessary to avoid risks"

Needless to say I won this argument. However I went off at 35 weeks as I was being weaned off cocodamol so the pain increased, but I was induced as 38 weeks. Nice 3 week rest before hand x

See I did really well at work, I did have to have Hingis adjusted because of my ligaments but once they had I was working better than some who weren't pregnant.. I worked 12hr night shifts which were quite hard going at times so I decided to go off at 30 weeks which, as luck would have it, was exactly the time my SPD kicked in and i would've struggled. I just said I'd prefer to go off at 30 than to be the "pregnant one" who struggled and slowed everything down then we home in
Pain.

There's people in the job who want to work up to 38weeks but they will slow people down and find it difficult and I don't see why I should when I have option

I finish next wednesday just before I turn 37 weeks. I've been part time since the middle of March. I couldn't have managed this long otherwise and I'm so ready to leave. Sitting at my desk for more than half an hour at a time results in PAAAAAAAIN now.

My SIL, a teacher of smalll people, finished work on 17th December and then had baby on 24th December (10 days early). I don't know how she did it.

My default answer for any 'helpful' pregnancy story I hear from anyone, not just about this kind of thing, is 'that's nice for you'.

I'm also practising my 'thanks, I'll think about that' answer (meaning, I'll think about it for 2 seconds and then do what I was going to do anyway) to any and every bit of parenting advice I receive that I disagree with.

I have a boss who worked straight up to due date, however she's been really supportive as she's says she regrets it.

Anytime you get something like that just say ''good for you but I'm looking forward to spending some me time watch Jeremy kyle eating cake''

Pregnancy and mothering shouldn't be a competition some women (and men) need to get a life outside of their uterus.

I'm having a bit of a hormonal day ha.

Some women (and men) need to get a life outside of their uterus!!! Hands down my most fave expression so far I have seen!! Hilarious!! And so so so true!!

I am 28 weeks with twins and told my boss I would like to try and work to 35 weeks but know deep down it's never gonna happen!! When people ask me when do you plan to finish work they are shocked I have said 35 weeks LOL!!

I just take each day as it comes and do as my body tells me!! It's no-one else's business!! xxxx

I think a lot depends on your job and how you feel. some crazy lady I know worked in my job with twins until 38 weeks and struggled and pushed herself too far for the sake of it.

gota say with twins id be def off at 30. pregnant with one is bad enough, cant imagine being another 5-6lbs heavier and having two little aliens fighting it out inside my uterus lol

Someone told me their mum ran a 5k race the week before having her. I just laughed! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back