Maybe I'm just being impatient...

daftscotslass

Reaction score
I saw my doc 3 weeks ago to confirm I was pregnant. Because we weren't exactly sure of when bub was conceived she has referred me for a dating scan.

Question is, how long do I wait before I start chasing up? I got the impression that my booking in appointment with the midwife would be after the scan but now I'm wondering if I should call up and organise an appointment myself. Would I call my docs or the hospital to enquire about the scan?

I know it's nearly the holidays but I wanna know! AAARGH!

I'd not worry too much atm, your MW usually sends the paperwork to the hospital and they then contact you with a scan date. If you've not seen her yet, I'd book in and see her and she can do your booking in and set the wheels in motion.

If in the meantime you hear from the hospital for a scan date you can of course attend that. Most hospitals don't do scans before 12 weeks unless there is a good medical reason so I'd think you still have a bit of time left before then.

Thank you, I'll give the midwife a call. Going by the dates I do have it would put me at just over 13 weeks just now which is why I'm so eager!

hi sweetie, which maternity is it bc i had major probs with my first appointment at the princess royal maternity..

my MW told me to expect to wait 4 weeks before i got a letter from the hospital...

I wont see my mw till im 10 weeks so god knows when I will get the scan. Whats your materntiy hospital, mines is the new one in Kilmarnock.

Will be Stirling Royal (hopefully). Some of the services have moved to Falkirk but I live in hope!

daftscotslass said:
Will be Stirling Royal (hopefully). Some of the services have moved to Falkirk but I live in hope!

Thats where I am!

U have to wait for the letter to come through the post - I wasn't getting my 12 weeks scan till I was 16 weeks! But then I got admitted to hospital for being sick all the time so got my scan then (I was 13 weeks) so the original one was cancelled but I still had to go to the booking in appointment (I was 16 weeks at that)

There appears to be a huge list so you just need to wait. And none of the maternity services are moving to falkirk - all my appointments are at stirling.

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow - they made the appointment for me when I was at my 13 week one.

Hiya,

I'm at the one in Aberdeen, I saw the doctor to confirm when I was five weeks and then was told to make an appointment with the midwife when I was 9 weeks. I got a letter through from the hosp 2 weeks after and got my scan at 12 weeks.

I would phone your GP to ask and see if you need to see midwife first as it was my midwife that made the appointment, but it may be different in central scotland.

Hope you get your date soon xx

Wellll....

I got my appointment through today and opened the letter when I got in 10 minutes ago.

My appointment is booked for tomorrow morning :wall: so I'll have to call them first thing and let them know I can't come because I need to be at work tomorrow. The letter is dated a week ago.

Aargh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back