Mattresses

umbongo

Reaction score
Need to get cot bed and moses basket ones. Anyone got any cheap but good recommendations? I don't know whether foam or sprung is the way to go?!?!!

Thanks
X

Sprung matresses, theres one on amazon thats got excellent reviews think its called katie or something like thatx

Sprung I think are meant to be better quality. But nothing really wrong with foam.

I got a sprung cot bed mattress from kiddicare for about 40quid last time. It's still in good condition.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Moses basket, I used the plastic coated one that came with it last time. This time I replaced it with a £20 branded one from play, but only cos I have loads of vouchers to use on play.com.

What I didn't realise though is there is not one standard Moses basket size!! So make sure you measure your basket for a good fit. There were about 3 or 4 sizes to choose from.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Kiddicare and preciouslittleone.com are both very reasonably priced and I've found they both deliver very quickly.

As Giz says though, be careful with the sizes - I asked hubby to order the mattress for the crib and he ordered the wrong size and it will cost a small fortune to send it back so I'm trying to sell it on Gumtree now! Needless to say I haven't asked him to order anything else since!

our cot mattress came from ikea and mses basket one was from argos when i had one last lol

We're getting this cotbed mattress:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KATY®-Super...5221680&sr=8-2&keywords=Katie+cotbed+mattress

Excellent reviews and doesn't break the bank!

Moses basket mattress I got from precious little one for about £10. It's better than the plastic coated one that came with the Moses basket originally and I can't see any need to spend much more to be honest. As others have said there are different sizes though so measure first! I've also seen some decent looking Moses basket mattresses on amazon for around the same price.

Xxx

Oooo watching this thread, need to order my cot bed mattress

I ordered my cot bed mattress from kiddicare its a spung one and was about 40. Moses basket is an unusual size think i ended up getting one off ebay with a spare cover x

The KATY from amazon is fab - great reviews and half the price of anything shop bought

Got my sprung cotbed mattress from kiddicare they have a sale on at mow x

We.got.pockett.sprung for.cot bed and a breathable mesh one for crib from mothercare. We did.pay more for it but then we are just paranoid first time parents x

We got the Katy cot bed mattress, it feels a really nice quality :) (though is still in its plastic wrapper, but from what I can tell...!!!)

Thanks ladies. Looks like kiddicare is the way to go as there's a sale at the mo.. better get ordering as 30 days til due date... In fact only 9 days til squiggle is fully cooked!! Gulp!

Ive got a 5% off if u spend over 50 quid but needs yo be used by end August if u want the code xx

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Oh man!! Already bought it before I saw your post :-( Bought a car seat base too so well over £50. Ho hum :-/ xx

I got mine from tescos had good reviews and didn't break the bank kit for kids one x

I got my nursing chair delivered from them today, I love kiddicare lol x

Kiddicare certainly seem very efficient! What I ordered iscoming tomorrow and it's free delivery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back