Mattresses? Moses/crib/cot

Shell99

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Isn't babies sleeping needs a complete minefield!!!

So I'm starting to get my head around the bedding requirements.

Now I'm browsing mattresses.

For example I'm looking at square end crib mattresses in mothercare online- they are all of the relevant safety standards but range from around £13 to £40 :-/

Is this just difference in comfort and a matter of personal choice?

The same applies to Moses basket mattresses n don't get me started on cot mattresses lol!

I'm looking early as I'm shopping around- considering a second hand crib with new mattress and bedding etc OH doesn't want a second hand cot so I doubt he'll be impressed with a second hand Moses and crib either :-/ but until he's back in work he can't afford to be a snob lol (plus I figure Moses n crib is for 6 months max! I want a nice clean one but can't justify hundreds!)

I went for a mama & papas moss basket that already has a mattress with it so just need to buy some Moses basket sheets. We are not having a crib, just using a Moses basket & then the cot. I bought a cot, wardrobe & chest of drawers from mothercare for £599. It's good quality too, the mamas & papas sets of the same price are very plastic looking! I bought a separate mattress from mothercare too, they start at £40 for a foam one but I went for a breathable one with a removable washable cover. It was £100 but I didn't want my little boy getting all sweaty on a foam one. In all it cost about £800 which I think is reasonable for all his sleeping requirements x

I've some nice ones online for around 50 brand new

We aren't bothering with a Moses basket, but A Clair de lune one at Argos is on sale for £22.99!

I think we're going for a travel cot with bassinet for the start, then the travel cot will go to my mums to use there and the baby will sleep in their own cot

Kiddicare are good for mattresses. I got a second hand cot and Moses basket and bought mattresses new xx

My bubs is going straight in the cot in their own room. That's what I did the last two times and that worked fine. As such, only had to buy a cot mattress that I got from Mothercare. xxx

If money is tight I wouldn't bother with Moses basket as they are in it for such a short time. Kiddicare are reasonably priced for cribs and cots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back