Maternity work/formal clothes - HELP

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Ellsbells, May 3, 2016.

1. Ellsbells

Ellsbells Well-Known Member

Hiya Ladies,

I need some help in finding some work clothes for office type work for my growing baby bump! I'm popping in to Primark on Thursday to hopefully find some items because I don't wanna spend a fortune! But does anyone know where else to get reasonable priced work maternity clothes? & Preferably ones that are comfortable for the summer months!

Thanks in advance :) xx

2. Maaaaaac

Maaaaaac Well-Known Member

Matalan in store have maternity leggings and dresses and that which would be good, their tops are a bit casual but very reasonable prices.

3. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat but I'm only buying leggings and stretchy tops for work as we have a blouse over the top.

For everyday though next matalan and new look are great. Also ASOS are good I just got a mat dress for a party from there.

xxxx

4. Brooksy

Brooksy Well-Known Member

George in Asda are good, as are new look but they are online as opposed to store x

5. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

Our big new look in the town and another shopping centre has mat stuff in but my local new look doesn't.

May depend on size of store xxx

6. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

Echo all of the above- George, Asos, New Look and H&M x

7. Poispinner

Poispinner Well-Known Member

I bought some maternity dresses from ebay, some brand new, some second hand but great condition. Its not that you wear them for that long and I shall sell mine on there once im done x

8. Bobby23

Bobby23 Well-Known Member

Mothercare have some bits in the sale and if you sign up you get an extra 10% off.
    I like the t-shirts from New Look, shirts are good from H&M just normal Lycra ones at £7.99 and ASOS for sale bits!

Xx

9. Jasmine111

Jasmine111 Well-Known Member

I really struggled finding clothes in an actual shop. I was desperate for some work maternity pants, the only place I found some was debenhams. I have ordered some maternity tops online from new look xx

10. Sesame C

Sesame C Member

I got my work clothes from ASOS, Mamalicious and Seraphine. Seraphine is a little more expensive alright but the fit and quality is very good, its worth the extra. Flattering, true to size and long lasting. Have a look at the Outlet section on their website, there's significant discounts.

11. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

Do Primark do maternity wear? They didn't when I had my son x

12. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

Primark don't do a specific maternity range but I can fit in their size 18 leggings comfortably and some of their dresses still so it's always worth a mooch x

13. Kiagirl

Kiagirl Well-Known Member

I got some maternity vests from George and wore those with my normal trousers/skirts with a bump band. These got me to 8 months. I then wore s few dresses from primark that were the stretchy soft t shirt material that you can find in the beachwear section. They actually looked really nice one with sandals and I wore some beads etc to dress up a bit. X

14. Babygiz

Babygiz Well-Known Member

I got a couple of dresses from new look and red herring in debenhams gave some nice tops on too although they are more expensive so best waiting for a sale event to be on

15. kitty2016

kitty2016 Well-Known Member

Yeah, George at Asda is great for work clothes. I got some real bargains - £8 in the sale for formal jersery type dresses in black and grey. Think they were only £15 when full price. One of the comfiest items i've bought too.
    Unfortunately I have to buy online though because my local Asda don't sell maternity!

16. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

H&m, new look thats all iv used. I did look at asda but dont like that i couldnt try them on in store. Well no store near me has mat stuff in store. But i defo rate the two i mentioned x

17. Ellsbells

Ellsbells Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies for all of your suggestions! I went shopping earlier today and bought maternity tights in Primark & a load of dresses & cardi's that will flow nicely over the growing bump! Nothing to extravagant or expensive! Nothing particular maternity but I think the stuff I got will definitely be nice to wear before and after I have baby xxxx