Maternity Wear

LucyN4

Reaction score
Morning ladies,

Where do you all shop for maternity wear? I'm just looking for a few key pieces that won't cost me an arm and a leg but I still look nice and fashionable. Ie a good pair of jeans, a few tops and dresses.
Also I'm due to go to one of my best friends wedding 8 days before I give birth. Need a nice dress for that also so if you have any shops that do nice maternity dresses for that type of thing let me know:)

Thanks!

Morning ladies,

Where do you all shop for maternity wear? I'm just looking for a few key pieces that won't cost me an arm and a leg but I still look nice and fashionable. Ie a good pair of jeans, a few tops and dresses.
Also I'm due to go to one of my best friends wedding 8 days before I give birth. Need a nice dress for that also so if you have any shops that do nice maternity dresses for that type of thing let me know:)

Thanks!
Boohoo.com have a great maternity range and some lovely dresses for a special occasion too x

Boohoo.com have a great maternity range and some lovely dresses for a special occasion too x

Perfect thank you! I'll take a look. I've been looking on ASOS and they have some lovely dresses for spring and summer but just not in my size. Hoping they come back into stock x

I’ve been reluctant to order online as I really prefer to try things on before I buy them, hate having to send stuff back coz it doesn’t fit.....so I’ve been looking at the maternity ranges in the shops instead, didn’t want to spend lots so found some decent stuff in peacocks, new look and H&M, they all do a maternity range, also non-maternity dresses just in a bigger size I’ve found a godsend, I just wear them over a pair of maternity leggings x

I’ve been reluctant to order online as I really prefer to try things on before I buy them, hate having to send stuff back coz it doesn’t fit.....so I’ve been looking at the maternity ranges in the shops instead, didn’t want to spend lots so found some decent stuff in peacocks, new look and H&M, they all do a maternity range, also non-maternity dresses just in a bigger size I’ve found a godsend, I just wear them over a pair of maternity leggings x

Totally feel the same. I don't want to feel like a sack of spuds! And trying things on is much better so you can see if it fits right or not. I'm a bit weary of buying things in a bigger size and I don't want to look bigger than I am and quite often things just "hang" from me if they are too big x

I was browsing Boo hoo.com last night and their stuff was really good value with a lot to choose from but it's online shopping and I know some people can't be bothered sending stuff back if it's not right. I got some maternity jeans and leggings from new look which are good and reasonably priced. I also picked up a few non-maternity bits in there which were baggy styles in bigger sizes x

I always find maternity wear in shops really limited! Having said that I get most of my stuff from h&m but again they have more online than in store! Last time I found their jeans great but they don't seem to have the same stretch in them this time so don't stay up as well. I've got some Next jeans this time which are great. Be aware that ASOS maternity sizes seem to be really big! Xx

Chi Chi Maternity Alessia Dress
This is what I plan on wearing to my brothers wedding, they have a few other things but bit pricey (although hold their value) might be worth looking nearer the time. I got some nice stuff from h&m too =)

H&M for daily wear. Really inexpensive and have a really good range online. Order and free returns if you return ii to the shop.
Also free delivery if you create a club membership (it’s free)

For pretty things but a bit more pricy there’s
Envie de fraise (spines french but has and English website!)
Same goes with vertbaudet (they have really nice clothes, I am a size 10 and they all fit perfectly in size 10. Plus they have lots of super cute baby stuff!!!)

I have heard uniqlo has a range online but haven’t tried it.

Sera phone is really expensive I think for what you get.

Sorry to jump in on here. Just a quick question when did you all start wearing maternity clothes with your first baby?

Sorry to jump in on here. Just a quick question when did you all start wearing maternity clothes with your first baby?
Hey Lucy!
I’ve started at around 13 weeks. I still fir in some of my trousers really but as my belly seem to inflate as the day goes by, it’s just more comfortable :)
I don’t wear any maternity tops at all yet. Just comfy jeans. Looks like normal trousers but feels like’ pyjamas on my bump!

I only really needed maternity pants from after about 18 weeks, my trousers were just getting tight and uncomfortable around the waist, I’ve probably only just started needing maternity tops within the last few weeks and I’m 33 weeks, I’m still wearing non-maternity stretchy dresses, I’m really resisting having to spend much on maternity clothes lol xx

Haha that’s my problem my jeans or trousers are fine when I put them on but but about 6/7 are starting to get uncomfortable I’m only 12weeks I’m going to try and hold out as long as I can x

Haha that’s my problem my jeans or trousers are fine when I put them on but but about 6/7 are starting to get uncomfortable I’m only 12weeks I’m going to try and hold out as long as I can x

I bought one pair of maternity jeans, one pair of maternity leggings and one pair of black maternity skinny type trousers all for cheap from peacocks ha ha and I just rotate them and make sure there is always a pair in the wash! X

Oh I didn’t even think about Peacocks i have been looking at work trousers in Asda x

B
Oh I didn’t even think about Peacocks i have been looking at work trousers in Asda x
i got a nice pair of work trousers (black) in H&M they are great. I am 15 weeks. Don’t really have a bump but at the end of the day they’re much more comfortable :)
They are called MAMA cigarette trousers and cost me 24,99£. Bought my regular size. (I am always between 8-10 so bought the 10)
They slide slightly but I know they’ll be perfect when my bump gets bigger !

I've only just started wearing maternity trousers today actually and I'm 20 weeks, but I think I was kidding myself and would have been a lot more comfortable if I'd started weeks ago! The old bobble round the open button trick has really getting uncomfortable for a while now... really wish I'd just got the maternity trousers earlier!

I got maternity work trousers in asda for £8 and they're very comfortable and I actually really like the style. I've also ordered a couple of pairs of jeans from H&M online in different sizes to try, closest H&M shop to me is almost 40 miles away but I really like their jeans normally and heard good things about their maternity jeans. I'll just return whatever I don't want, they do free returns by post also and I'm a club member so free delivery too.

I don't think I'll need any maternity tops until near the end probably, or at least until 3rd trimester. All my tops fit comfortably as I usually wear loose flowing type tops anyway. And started wearing long cardigans to cover from behind as I'm feeling a bit self conscious about the weight gain in that area!

The £8 trousers are the ones I’ve been looking at don’t want to be spending money just for work lol. I don’t think I’ll get any yet as mine are just uncomfortable at the end of the day mainly on my way home when I’m sitting down. As for tops I prob won’t need any for ages if I even get any as most of my tops are really baggy any way x

The £8 trousers are the ones I’ve been looking at don’t want to be spending money just for work lol. I don’t think I’ll get any yet as mine are just uncomfortable at the end of the day mainly on my way home when I’m sitting down. As for tops I prob won’t need any for ages if I even get any as most of my tops are really baggy any way x

Definitely recommend the asda £8 ones! Very comfortable, and so good for the price! I didn't want to spend a whole load on stuff for work either, seems like such a waste. My work are also a bit relaxed on work attire, so I occasionally come in with jeans on, but I think those days will be increasing as I find that less and less of my clothes are fitting me, and I don't plan on getting more than one pair of maternity work trousers.

Yesterday I was saying I think I'll be good with my normal tops for a while, but this morning I realised I only have a few things I can probably keep wearing for a while yet. Think I need to organise my wardrobe into maternity suitable and non-suitable sections as there's a whole pile of blouses that look very uncomfortably tight on me now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back