Maternity towels vs ultra maxi towels

Babylicious

Reaction score
I don't want to take the mat towels as they are horrid but my mw said these are the only ones that absorb well enough? Is this true? Or am I ok to use always as I had planned?

I think the plastic backing in normal pads can harbour infections which you dont need if you have an open wound.

I got both. I think I'll use the maternity ones for a few days then if I can switch to Always ultra night pads as the maternity ones look too bulky to be wearing when I got out. Which brand of maternity pads are best? I got tescos own brand.

My Mw recommended staying away from Always as the plastic backing can cause problems, as Natalie said but also can interfere with stitches and healing as that type of towels draw blood into them I swore by Mothercare maternity towels, fantastic after stitches!

mat pads are better coz the lining doesnt irritate or stick 2 u. well there is no lining thats why lol

I agree, you will definately need the maternity pads for at least the first 2 or 3 days, you will bleed quite heavily and even changing them often I'm not sure the normal ones will soak it all up. Once it chills out though you can downgrade to normal ones, by then you should be healing well and the chance of infection is much smaller. Good luck!

i found mothercare mat pads crap!

i used tena pads.. know it sounds stupid.. but they were really absorbant..and cheaper than mat pads.. last few days i used bodyform night..didnt leak at all..

I still have the night time sanitary towels from before I got pregnant! I'm hoping to use them (might as well) I think they will be okay as I used to get very heavy periods so this was the only type I could use.

I used materity pads at first because i needed the extra padding to be able to sit down without any pain :)

I've bought Mothercare's slim maternity pads. Not sure if they will be any good though, we'll see!

I used the mothercare maternity towels, and found them very absorbent and cushioned which you will need to beable to actually sit for about 4 weeks, I will use them next time I have a baby.

Lo

Tegala-7thMarch08 said:
ive packed 10 mat pads and some press on pads 4 after wen its less leakage :)

only 10? is that enough. i went through more then 10 in the first day :wall: ive taken 30 in my labour bag, ive got tesco ones. there really huge and padded but im hoping it will cushion my bruised bits :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back