Maternity shopping

flisstebbs

Reaction score
Finally had a bit of time to browse the shops for some maternity clothing.. (when your colleagues tell you you need maternity clothes, its time to go!!).

Bit of a nightmare really, went to Debenhams, M&S, New Look, TK Max, Next, and no maternity clothes!!!! Never noticed this before. Started to get a bit nervy, before thank the clothing gods, H&M still have a section in store. The lovely lady at the till also told me there was a jojo maman shop down an alley way that i'd never registered before!

Crisis averted: i have some clothes that actually fit now :lol:

I need to start getting some bigger size clothes or just maternity clothes. Payday on friday!! Haha xxx

Seriously, this has been the bane of my life, no in store maternity sections. Most sell online though (New Look isn't too bad) :)

I found this too!! But new look online is where I'm getting mine from now. Reasonably priced and quite flattering x

The supermarkets do some really nice maternity wear too, not massive selections but well priced. I also get stuff from eBay, I've had some real bargains :)

I found some maternity wear in store at Debenhams but in the Red Herring section. It was a bit of a poor selection though, especially if you work. I've been very disappointed with what you can find on the high street and most of the stuff that there is, is really drab. I've found more luck buying slightly bigger stretchy non-maternity items. On-line there is a much better selection. Happy hunting. xxx

I've found some lovely stuff in H&M which isn't a shop I'd normally shop in, it's v reasonable as well. other than that though I've had to go online, I bought quite a bit in the next sale (which still has some bits and bobs) and also used asos which had some good stuff and there's a site called heavenly bump (sells through amazon as well) that I bought a nice owl tshirt from... Asda as well I just bought a size (ahem... or 2) up in stretchy jeans and tops.

My friend gave me an Ikea sized bag of clothes of hers last night though so it'll be fashion show time tonight!!

Good luck :)

I seem to be constantly ordering items on-line then returning them through store. Been in maternity clothes since about 16 weeks and its difficult to judge sizes hence all the returns. Next have a good selection on-line and I've bought some nice coloured jeans from Mothercare but H&M is the only place i'll be able to pick something up in store x

It seems all maternity depts are online which is wrong really as I like to feel the clothes and try on and not pay p&p for the priviledge. I have lived in leggings (larger than my normal size) got a good bargain on ebay £2.49 each got white, black and navy. I found maternity leggings from h&m rubbish to be honest. Never found over the bump jeans I liked and good job really as to hot.I also bought 2 tunic/short dresses from george at asda and have found them really comfy. I also found my maxi dresses really good esp in this weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back