Maternity Rights

newbump

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know what the new maternity rights are now for the UK? I have been told that the length of time I can take is 9 months but I thought it was 6 months?

If anyone has any ideas I would be appreciative

Thank you

I thought it was 6months paid, but up to a further 6 months unpaid. I've noticed a few postings from someone called Helen who's in HR - she'd be your best bet for some sound advice!

Hi Louise

Thank you, I will see if Helen can help

Thanks again
Natalie

Current maternity leave entitlement is 6 months paid (Statutory pay = 6 weeks at 90% of your salary then 20 weeks at £100 per week) and 6 months unpaid.

This is the government standard so your employer may have a better deal for you.

Also I think this is only tru if you have been working for your current employer for a certain number of weeks before your due date. Sorry I can't remember the specifics.

Becky

Thank you for your reply, I have been with my company for nearly 7 years so I hope they will give me a better deal than the government then!

Cheers
Natalie

My employer's maternity pay is tiered so depending on how long you've worked for them you get a better deal.

It's something like:
up to 3 years - 7 weeks full pay; 19 weeks £100pw
up to 5 years - 13 weeks full pay; 13 weeks £100pw
5 years plus - 18 weels full pay; 8 weeks £100pw

The sneaky thing is with them is that they only give you the additional pay if you agree to go back after 6 months. So I'll just get the basic pay. :(

I plan to go back to work after 6 months,but that may all change when I get later on in the pregnancy!

Still looks ok what they offer though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back