Maternity Rights

Stacyt

Reaction score
Hi Girls

As I am now 12 weeks I am not sure how to go about organising my maternity etc. Shall I book an appointment with my HR department? I have my 12 week scan on Thursday so should I wait until Friday when I know everything is OK with baby?

Many thanks for any advice, sx

I would wait til after your scan and you have seen Midwife (if you haven't already) to get your green notes. They may want these as proof. if you have any problems though take it up with CAB. You're employer cannot give you a bad reception though - it's illegal.

I first see my midwife at 8 weeks and she put all my details and records in a red book. I get the red book on thursday to take home with me. Is this what I need to give my work as proof?

You may not need to give them proof, but some places will want to see some evidence (just 'because' for records). Sorry didn't realise there were different colours! it depends on your area then. It's the book which has all ou preg details in, details of midwife appts, bloods taken, tests etc. Maybe even scan pic would do.

Do you think there would be a problem with them though?

x

Mine is blue.

My work requested proof of my pregnancy from my doctor or midwife, they were really funny about it though (as if I'd lie!). So my doctor sent them a letter confirming my pregnancy.

For future antenatal appointments they may ask you to provide proof of the appointment, such as an appointment card as you are obviously entitled to paid time off for antenatal care.

When you put in your request for maternity leave (no later than 15 weeks before you are due) you will need to give them your MATB1 form which your midwife will give to you not before you are 20 weeks pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back