Maternity Pay Rights ????

Reaction score
I have an old contract which contains a section on maternity pay and I received a new one recently with nothing on maternity rights or pay so I asked my boss about this but as off yet nothing has been done about this. I have since figured out the old contract states I would receive more than what Im likely to get in the new one. Can my boss do this ?

I also got my boss to sign an NHS maternity leave/pay form which clearly stated what she would be paying me but I have later found out this letter does not apply to me . My boss has read and signed this does this mean I would be entitled to this ??

Very confusing

Why have you found out the letter they signed doesn't apply to you?
If they signed it then it should be followed through.

I work within a dental practice and thought I would be entitled to the NHS Maternity payments but the place I would does see NHS patients but its privately owned. So I would not receive the NHS entitlements but my boss has signed this and It clearly has massive NHS at the top and states what pay I would receive and fpr how long

x

I'm in the same situation. If its a corporate practice then technically your not employed by the nhs your employed by the practice which has a Nash contract.
How long have you been working for them?

I'm in the same situation. If its a corporate practice then technically your not employed by the nhs your employed by the practice which has a Nash contract.
How long have you been working for them?
over 2 years . Nash contract ?? x

Nhs sorry! Lol we call it the Nash. If you've been with them two years your fine no matter what your change of contract. x

Nhs sorry! Lol we call it the Nash. If you've been with them two years your fine no matter what your change of contract. x
lol

so which one would count .......the new one im going to receive or old one ? Plus can I do something with my boss signing the form which clearly states im going to receive a certain amount

x

Why are you getting a new contract? You need to find out what your companies policy on maternity leave is. If it's the same as what's in your old contract you shouldn't need to worry but if the new contract says that the terms are different I would ask why they've changed/why you've got to have a new contract. Once you've signed the new contract the old one should be null and void.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back