Maternity/Nursing Bra's

andreatav

Reaction score
Hi everyone, apart from mothercare where is the best place to try/buy maternity and nursing bra's. My current bra's are hurting me and restricting my breathing. Thanks xx

Debenhams and M&S both offer bra fit services and sell maternity bras. There are also a number of online retailers that sell them too like Asos for example.

I really need to get measured too but been unsure where to go xx

I hated the mother care ones. I took them back and worn my bras since I just added a back extender. I think I do need to get measured tho. X

Yeah its just the measuring I'm uncomfortable with. Especially with my bump and odd stretch marks. Hmm. May have to venture into city centre this weekend.xx

I really need to get measured too as all my bras are starting to get a little too tight!

Another thing to add to the list xx

I have found a sports bra in a bigger size the most comfortable thing

I actually
Got some decent ones from asda last time for £6

When is the best time to get measured? Mine have grown a little, but not overly noticeably, and aren't really very painful. I'm still wearing my normal bras, shall I just wait until/if they get bigger or more painful? I don't want to have to go out and buy a couple now, and then have to repurchase down the line.

I've been putting it off until now (25+5) I'm nearly bursting out my current bra and it is tight. I'd wait as long as you can xx

I got regular bras from New Look at 6 weeks because my bras were all tight and uncomfortable. I just went up a size.

Figleaves sell HotMilk bras which are great, but it's mail order so not too sure how you go on with sizing.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/brands/hotmilk/20547/?show=1&noc=1

I got nursing bras from Mothercare last time and they were rubbish, not at all supportive, I had 'granny boobs' in them LOL
I stuck it out for 6months but then went back to regular bras and still breastfed for years lol.

It's recommended you wait til at least the last month of pregnancy to get fitted for a nursing bra, and make sure there's a bit of room in it for growth. When your milk comes in around day 3 your boobs will increase a lot so it's recommended you get re-fit/measured then.
Of course if at any point before then your boobs start feeling sore or uncomfortable and bras feel tight you should go and get a size bigger.

Underwire is fine as long as it's big enough and not leaving marks on your breast tissue.
Mine are just starting to leave underwire marks on the sides of my boobs so I'm thinking of looking into getting a couple of maternity bras now.

I think they say leave it till about 37 weeks before thinking about nursing bras - if you go into any of the retailers that offer a fitting service they should be fully aware of the extra room you are likely to need because of your milk coming in.

If your earlier and finding bras too tight then it might be worth a trip beforehand.

I've found some great one on Asos though, last time I really struggled to wear traditional nursing bras as I found them too restrictive and my boobs just seemed to balloon beyond what I expected. Think these ones are Emma Jane ones and they are a mixture between a nursing bra and a crop top - really
Comfy

Got measured today, only gone up 1 back size so gone down a cup size! I got some bra's from mothercare ( 2pk for £30 +20% off voucher) very happy with them.xx

I buy from bravissimo (don't know if you've got one near you?) and Debenhams because I have very big boobs and mothercare don't do my size! I've got a couple of maternity bra's now. They're so comfy! Xx

Yeah we have a bravissimo(just Googled it!)I think the mothercare girl measured me wrong tho, apparently I've gone up 2 back sizes and down 1 cup size, which is strange(I did a basic bra fit when I worked at Debenham years ago) so may pop into a bravissimo or fig leaves later in the week.xx

Yeah we have a bravissimo(just Googled it!)I think the mothercare girl measured me wrong tho, apparently I've gone up 2 back sizes and down 1 cup size, which is strange(I did a basic bra fit when I worked at Debenham years ago) so may pop into a bravissimo or fig leaves later in the week.xx

She could be right as if you've grown you will potentially go up a back size or 2 but not as many cup sizes

A 36c is the equivalent 38b.

So if you went up two back sizes and one cup size say from a 34d you would actually be a 38c in theory I think.

Always best to get double checked if you are not sure though. It's not just abit the measuring they should be giving you bras to try on as the cut of a bra can make a massive difference to how it fits you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back