Maternity Leave

lottie89

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering when you all handed in confirmation of your maternity leave dates? I'm 15 weeks and have informed my employers, and they have suggested handing in my letter with provisional dates at the moment to get the ball rolling, but if I want to change my dates I need to give at least 8 weeks notice. At the moment, I'm thinking start my maternity leave at 36 weeks, but use 1.5 weeks annual leave beforehand so I'll finish up around 34 weeks as I work quite a distance away.

I'm starting my maternity leave the week before my due date (having an elcs so I know it will be in the 39th week) but taking my annual leave before so will be finished at 33+1. I'm gonna tell my boss what I'm doing this week, but I'm not officially gonna put it in until 25th week when I have my MATB1 for from the midwife x

Thats a good idea!, my HR manager seemed keen for the letter to be in and I have a maternity application form I need to fill out, but it says on the application they can't process it until I have my MatB1 form. Seems a bit pointless putting it in at the moment

i put mine in at 25 weeks when i had my matb1, maternity leave starts on my due date but i've been off since 37 weeks with some holiday

I'm so jealous that I can't take holiday before I leave. I want to work for as long as possible as want more time with baby but not sure how long I will last. I already can't wait to leave lol not even 18 weeks yet xx

I'm going at 30 weeks, taking holiday do actually counting as being 32 weeks

I handed in all forms/letters at 21 weeks. I'm leaving 2 weeks before due date. And I'm using my holiday whilst in off. Once I've done 6 weeks at 90% pay I'm having 4 days holiday paid to me a month until it runs out to top up my income.

I'm leaving at 38.5 weeks, but I'm taking Wednesday's off as holiday in the 4/5 weeks up to that point to make life a bit easier!

No idea when I'll hand my form in. My boss isn't much bothered!!! The other pregnant girl in my office is 29 weeks now and not handed her matb1 form in yet!

I'm thinking of taking my leave at the end, when I haven't had any pay for a while, rather than at the beginning xx

I'm thinking of taking my leave at the end, when I haven't had any pay for a while, rather than at the beginning xx

That's what I wanted to do but my holiday runs jan to dec. so my new year has started so have to take it before Xmas. Then new lot of holiday starts when my stat mat pay ends and don't want use my years holiday then go back to work in April if I took the year off with no holiday to take :(

That's what I wanted to do but my holiday runs jan to dec. so my new year has started so have to take it before Xmas. Then new lot of holiday starts when my stat mat pay ends and don't want use my years holiday then go back to work in April if I took the year off with no holiday to take :(

Oh no, that's rubbish, we're able to carry our previous years leave over xx

Wish we could do that. It caused loads of problems last month because our Engineers (I work for a Construction company) decided to all keep back loads of holiday so I had them all off at the same time.

I was trying to work out today what do to. HR have told me I can carry some leave into 2017 but not confirmed how much so I need to double check that but my plan is too finish at 38 weeks, take 2 weeks hols, then go on mat leave them I still have 3 weeks leave to take at the other side. I am also taking a week off at the start of April. It couldn't come quick enough! X

I'm so jealous that I can't take holiday before I leave. I want to work for as long as possible as want more time with baby but not sure how long I will last. I already can't wait to leave lol not even 18 weeks yet xx

Why can't you use holidays hun? You're entitled to your annual leave the same way you would be if you were working.

I can carry about a week over I think, so was planning to take mat leave from my due date and use 2 weeks holiday before it, although still undecided! I'm sick of work already, back's been killing me!

I'm hoping to leave at 29 weeks, using my 4 weeks annual leave so maternity leave starts at 33 weeks. I'm not returning after so not a problem starting maternity leave early. I am going to confirm it's OK with my boss this week, I'm 20 weeks and then make it official with my matb1 former at 25 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back