Maternity leave..

Clairexx

Reaction score
It was my last day at work yesterday which I was soooo looking forward to as been super busy trying to get everything sorted before I left! Was there till nearly 8pm in the end but finally managed to pass over and leave guidance for everything (I hope!).
So today, on a day where on a normal weekend I would love just lounging around, maybe take my boy to the park, but mainly rest... I'm starting to feel a bit bored already! I think I'm not able to appreciate the rest as much as I know I have no work Monday again! Is this normal? I have loads of house stuff I want to get sorted before baby gets here, but decided I would start all that on Monday when I would have been at work. I never thought I'd feel like this, I thought I'd relish the time off and now I can't stop panicking at how bored I'm gonna be?!?! Agghhhh! Xxxx

I can't wait to go off really struggling in this weather. Going off on annual leave at 34 weeks and officially on mat leave at 38 weeks. Gonna write my letter today.

I can't wait for mat leave but I am fairly sure I'll be bored out of my mind once everything is organised! I'm going to busy myself with going to the gym & swimming in the morning & then having a nap in the afternoon, you're used to a work routine, you just need to get yourself into a different routine x

Yes you ARE mad! I'm looking forward to finishing! Mind you I need the time for study. Once I'm off I can study and rest without feeling guilty for not studying. If that makes sense!

Make the most of it, when baby comes your life won't be your own anymore x

Haha thanks ladies.. Thing is I felt exactly the same as u when I was still working, absolutely could not wait to finish! But now I have... I feel different?!? Don't get me wrong, am still so glad as it was getting knackering, but sitting around just isn't me! I will have the school run to do so there still an element of routine I guess.. Just can't wait for baby to be here now! Xxxx

Congrats on finishing up. I don't think you'll be bored, you'll find plenty round the house to do I'm sure and if the weather's nice you can enjoy that with your feet up. Sounds like you haven't fully wound down yet hun, give it a few days. I've got 4 days left can't wait!

I think you're probably right Kay Kay, especially coz I feel really nervous about someone else doing my work and having access to my emails etc! Haha! 4 days... If was such a lovely feeling counting down the days and everyone was so generous and lovely so u enjoy it! Xxxx

Hi claire i feel a bit the same. Just finished up last week and I cant settle. I think it's worse cause we have nice weather but its too hot for me to sit out in so it just feels like I'm wasting away inside or something! I've a busy week next week with appointments of some sort every day so hoping that'll make time go in quicker!!

Ive been off a 2 weeks ( one sick and on annual leave ) so my mat leave offically starts tomorrow...
But ive already forgotten a few times what day is is haha!
Ive had a few things tht have kept me busy, christening, friends baby shower, hosp vists and family vists.. And OH ha gone the garden :)
But i need to get my arse into gear.. Clean the house an keep it clean lol! Xx

Glad it's not just me, I feel really silly coz when I am at work I'm desperate to be home! I've got a few things planned now and am going to be structured about all the stuff that needs to be done around the house. Really need to get stuff done so hope I don't just turn into a lazy fat layabout! Xxx

Ive been staring at these pile of clothes to put away for the last hour!!! :/ haha

Ive turned mega lazy lol!
Never really got the nesting thing :( wish i did haha xx

I'm hoping the nesting thing comes for me too as it certainly isn't a natural trait for me to do house stuff! Even when I try I get knackered so quickly or easily distracted! Fingers crossed tho! Otherwise, thinking I may get a cleaner in for a one off spring clean! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back