Maternity Leave

mrz85

Reaction score
Is the soonest you can take it just over 6 months ?

Its 11 weeks before your due date is the earliest I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) - so what ever that works out at xx

is that in whatever job u do cant imagine being that pregnat and trying to dress sum one or take them 2 the loo :0

Yeah its for everyone. I work with children so not looking forward to being that pregnant and doing my job

yiikes dont think i ll b able to bend that much by then lol !

Your employer is duty bound to put in risk assessments etc, so if there are parts of the job you are unable to do they need to provide alternatives. Are you a nurse/carer??

I worked with adults with severe learning disabilities, and eventually reached a point where I couldn't do moving and handling, bug there were alternatives such as feeding, dispensing meds, activities etc that I did instead. Xxx

I am a care worker for the elderly and my employers have not been very nice tbh when i was off sick from my boss sent me a discliperny warning then later told me 2 ignore it uff

and once when i was always feeling sick and was struggling with doing personal care i asked if i could do some kitchen work instead and was refused that

When i worked on the ward there was a girl who didnt stop her duties until she went off on mat leave at 37 weeks, she was offered but got on with it. Ive managed t get this far and still carry out the same duties just takes a little longer x

is that in whatever job u do cant imagine being that pregnat and trying to dress sum one or take them 2 the loo :0

Im doing my nurse training, and have to have risk assessments done for moving and handling, dealing with chemicals, infection control etc etc. I will be working until June probably

i work in operating theatres so you can imagine some of the stuff/smells i have to face xxx

you get used to it. probably doesnt do me any good what im inhaling sometimes but i like it there x

Tbh, I found the earlier bits worse, like with sickness etc, I went off at Xmas, only cos I'm relief, and didn't think it was fair that my boss was trying to allocate me shifts and I could only do half the work.

I went in for m&h training a few weeks ago, and did nearly all of it. Sometimes you'd be surprised at what you can do in the later stages, but don't be afraid to put you're foot down if your not able to do physical things, they will just have to find a way around it, xxx

I am a care worker for the elderly and my employers have not been very nice tbh when i was off sick from my boss sent me a discliperny warning then later told me 2 ignore it uff

Your boss sounds as sympathetic as mine, their both arses!

Sorry to hear you're getting a rough ride. It's the same as what others have said, your employer must have done a risk assessment by law, perhaps speak to your Mw maybe she can give you some guidance on the limits of your job.

Hope it improves for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back