maternity leave letter to employment

Reaction score
I have to write a letter to my employment about my maternity leave .......... what did you ladies write in this ??

x

I didn't have to write a letter I just filled a form in with my dates and gave them that with my maternity certificate. Think you just have to out down the amount of weeks you want to take with the start and end date. Also your due date as you can't work after that. X

Wss^^

I don't have to write a letter either, I have to complete a form to say how long I am taking off and if I am going back as my answers affect what maternity pay entitlement I get. I also have to give them the Mat B1 form by the end of July x

You kust need to give your due date and the date which you wish to start mat leave. If you have your matB form include it if not you can state that you will give it to them when you get it from your midwife.
You dont need to mention anything about return to work as your employer assumes you are taking a year off until you decide and are ready to tell them.
Once i gave my mat B in I got a letter asking if I inteded to return to work and then got information detailing pay conditions etc.

I gave in a letter as soon as I found out, just saying I was pregnant and my EDD. That's all they really need on there at this stage until you take in your mat b1. I also put on mine when I would like to finish (with Mat leave and annual leave remaining), but you don't have to.
I did it straight away so I could have a risk assessment done :)

I have only just sent mine I also discussed how much annual leave I have left to take. I photocopied my matb1 as if lost they wont issue another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back