maternity leave letter to employers

Reaction score
I handed in my maternity letter informing my employers of when I plan to take my maternity leave and also my Mat b1 form over 1 month ago and I still haven't heard anything back yet .

Im pretty sure they are supposed to legally write back to you within 28 days ?

what happens when they don't ?

I've not had a written response from mine, not an I expecting one. What do you think it should say? I've informed then of when I'm taking my leave and they don't rally get to tell me yes that's ok!

Your right I think, they do have to get bal to you within a certain amount of time or you are to just assume that it is all okay'd. I think you should call up your HR and make sure that they got the letter, and tell them you wrote it ages ago an expects to have heard back by now :) x

I would chase it up just to make sure your MatB1 form hasn;t got lost. But really, shouldn;t be an issue.

I would definitely chase it up, apparently they should let you know in writing within 28 days when your paid mat leave is due to end and confirm they have received your request. I hadn't heard anything back from my employer either so e mailed hr to make sure everything was ok, turned out my useless manager hadn't sent it off and had 'miss placed it'!! So if nothing else would just check that they have it and everything is in place

I would ring hr and ask why you haven't had acknowledgement xc

I didn't hear back from my work so I just checked with them and they said they had it and all was fine etc. I guess they only get back to you if there's a problem. Worth asking at work to be sure xxx

I work within a small business so I have no HR dept but I can ask my boss but im sure they need to write to you and let you know about what maternity pay you will receive and date entitlements

x

I had one back with my pay entitlements and how much notice to give if coming back early etc. I also had info on childcare vouchers.

I had a letter back confirming things. Best to chase it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back