Maternity leave help

fluffycat

Reaction score
Hope It's ok to post this in here....didn't know where else it should go!!

Looking for some help....
I have been on a temporary contract with my work for 2 years but have just been told my contract will not be renewed and will end at on the 31st March. I am 24 weeks pregnant this week and will be 27 weeks pregnant when my contract ends. Looking online says I should be entitled to maternity pay since I will still be employed during the qualifying week (15 weeks before expected due date).

Problem is I have already sent my matb1 form back stating I would like to start my maternity leave in June (thinking that my contract might be renewed)....since my contract will be ending soon will my work say I am not entitled anymore?
Am I bring unreasonable to think that I should get it?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

You really need to get in touch with your boss or a finance department or something, you should be entitled to it definitely. xx

Thank you. My work is not very forth coming with help like this...Feel like I always need to be on their case all the time. Pretty sure if I just leave it I won't get anything even when I should.

Yeah that is very naughty of them to be honest, they should be keeping you informed! I am both self employed and employed. I do 14.5 hours a week at my employed work, and I assume I will give them my MatB1 form because it would be easier and I earn enough to qualify for full maternity pay, I am also in the dark a little bit about this because the lady I was talking to about it in accounts hasn't got in touch with me for a while now and I don't know whether to pester her about it or just wait til I actually have my form to give to her, I guess there isn't a lot they can do right now but when I am 24 weeks I will have to chase it up a bit. My boss is pretty useless, she hasn't said anything to me x

If you don't get any maternity pay from work you will be entitled to claim maternity allowance from the government xx

Give the job centre plus a call if your work are still not telling you anything, they should be able to tell you what you can do.

Thanks ladies, I'm still chasing up the human resources department with no luck!! Feel like I am hounding them but I just want answers!! Contract ends tomorrow and still no further forward. Xx

Ring maternity action for advise. I'm pretty sure you are entitled to maternity leave. Keep me updated xx

So they rang in Friday and I am entitled to smp. Just waiting for them to confirm either way if I can continue on bank register and then take smp or if I need to take maternity leave just now. They said I won't know till Wednesday now so it's still taking a while. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back