Maternity Jeans!

Applecider

Reaction score
Hi again, posting again because I've just had to take off my maternity jeans because they fall down ALL THE TIME ARRRGHHHHH! I've put on a pair of leggings from tesco instead. Why do they do this?? Ive bought one size smaller new look,regular size new look, regular size top shop borrowed some off a friend and none of them will stay up. I'm
Very much a jeans, t shirt and cons type of girl! Any style tips please I just wanna look tidy and be comfy xx

Ps- any links would be great!

I have only 1 pair of maternity jeans (I'm a maxi dress & flip flops girl, even in the rain!) that I bought for walking around New York in Feb & they were from next. They were very comfy & didn't fall down at all.

I have found over the bump jeans to be much better than under the bump ones. My under bumps just ended up round my thighs! I am now at the end of my pregnancy though, and hate all of them. I just wander round the house without them in the evenings! Lol

Maternity jeans are so irritating.

I've gone for over-bump jeans this time. I got one pair of under bump ones but they slip down too and now I'm in my last trimester they're too tight on my legs lol.

I bought a load of New Look jeans in the sale at Christmas but by 20 weeks the bump bands were too tight on my stomach and only went to my belly button. Rubbish :(

So I bought a pair of Next jeggings second hand which are so comfy and still fit great.
So then I bought some more Next maternity jeans, same size - they were far too tight, couldn't even get them on.

So then I went on Ebay and bought 3 pairs of Next jeans in a size bigger than pre-preg (2 brand new, one used) ... one new pair fit great, the other two are baggy around the bum and a bit loose on my tummy/bump so should've got my normal size :roll:

I'm not buying more now though, will just make do and then sell all of them when I'm done.

Only thing at the moment is I have no shorts or anything like that, so any time we get a hot day I'm having to wear jeans still.
But as yet it's not really been warm enough to warrant buying a maternity dress or shorts 'cos there's only been about 3 days actually hot enough for it lol.

I only have 6 weeks left as well so I think I'll just make do. If we get this heatwave they've been claiming we're getting I might buy a maternity dress but will see what happens (not holding my breath on the good weather lol)

Last edited:
In the hot weather iv worn maxi dresses tho not maternity they look ok. I brought jeans over the hump from h&m at 13 weeks and they still fit and I got 3 weeks to go. One pair is slightly tight and a little uncomfortable but the other is still great they ate the same size and same size pre pregnancy just in mat. I have one pair.under the hump but they are crap and fall down. My over the bump don't go all the way over anymore but they don't fall down so it don't bother me. I brought over the bump leggings from mothercare and I just wear those now with a top don't really care what I look like. I also got a shirt dress thing from h&m the other week for when it's warm. I really like their range.

All my maternity jeans are elasticated under bump ones and because they are old (they were second hand last time!) and I'm smaller, they all slip down and I'm constantly pulling them up to stop my knickers being on display!! The ones with a thick elasticated waist band are the best fit, the ones with adjustable panels are too stretched. I have one pair of over bump work trousers and much prefer those, but not so great on hot days. I should really have bought some new/ smaller ones but it's too late now!

I bought some over bump jeans from jojo maman Bebe but they fall down (and as I'm usually a tall, I bought tall, yet they are too long!) and they're too tight round my thighs.
I've bought some cropped over bump jeans from peacocks and they're really comfy. When summer comes I'll be in skirts x

I have one under bump and one over bump, both from New Look, both fine, the over bump's are a little baggy as I seem to have lost weight overall and just gained all out front bumpage... :shock:

Thank you all for your ideas. I think I could cope with some Maxi's for the summer. Mine are all under the bump I should have maybe of gone for over the bump xx

I had over the bump last time and didn't have that problem. I would try drying the under the bump jeans in the dryer lol xx

I'm in the over the bump h&m fans too - one pair is still good at the end of pregnancy and I got another pair just to go a size up a few weeks ago, as the others got ridiculously tight! ;-)

I didn't end up buying any maternity jeans as I went for leggings instead but I just wanted to say how much of a fan I am with H&M maternity range in general. I've got nursing bra's, long sleeve tunic and a lovely checkered shirt DH bought me for my birthday in Feb when I wasn't showing yet and they still fit great.

Another vote for over-the-bump from H&M, mine are super comfy :)

I never bothered with jeans. Just got maternity jeggings. They fit much better and are much comfier :) x

Really should have shopped in H&M for my maternity clothes! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back