Maternity clothes

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by rach4910, Jul 29, 2016.

1. rach4910

rach4910 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I need to buy some maternity clothes but not sure which shops actually have them in store. I know that mothercare does but I don't have much to spend. Have been looking at Asda range but not sure where has them in stock in store as I'd rather see them than buy online. Anyone have any thoughts?
    X

2. madsticks

madsticks Well-Known Member

I think it depends on your area. Where I am I tried Peacocks, h&m , mothercare and debenhams. Debenhams only had redherring with mat clothes and they were mostly jeans and strappy tops. A couple of dresses. But the nicest selection of them all.
    H&m was a massive disappointment and had one rail of jeans & shorts, one rail of dresses that were just long jersey dresses, and a load of bras.
    Peacocks the clothes I could have sewn together better myself.
    Mothercare was all much more practical than anything, the selection was small, and I felt like I would have walked out looking how my own mother dresses now.

BUT I have friends in other areas who have had really lovely mat clothes from all of the shops mentioned above. I think your best bet is to just get yourself out for a day to look around. Especially for mat jeans. In every shop other than h&m I am a size ten with room, in h&m I had to get a 12, tried two sets of the same pair on as they looked like one would fit and one wouldn't, alas two sets of an identical pair of mat jeans, both in size 12, one pair was too tight to get on, one pair fitted perfectly.

Sorry that went on a bit, just wanted to share how getting out there is best and unfortunately you won't know what is I. Your local shops until you are there!

Happy shopping spree :)

#2 madsticks, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  3. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

Hardly any!! Mothercare and debenhams are the only two shops in Birmingham that sell maternity clothes, can you believe?! Mothercare is expensive and debenhams in store is good but limited so I had to go online once I'd tried a few things on to see what size I needed.
    I found a new look when I was in York but they hardly had anything.
    Jojo Maman Bebe also do maternity if you have a local one of those but I found they came up really small and made me look fat rather than pregnant!

4. MrsB2105

MrsB2105 Well-Known Member

I struggled to buy maternity stuff with this pregnancy as no shops sold anything, new look have good stuff online and next have a fantastic range. Asos also have quite a lot of stuff, but h&m weren't great. Debenhams had the odd stuff but online they had more ... Unfortunately to get maternity clothes you are probably going to have to go online x

5. FBTTN8079

FBTTN8079 Well-Known Member

My mum has bought a couple of leggings and linen trousers from mothercare for me & my SIL bless bought some lovely tops from new look maternity. I've also got myself a few maternity dresses & jeans from eBay X

6. Kiagirl

Kiagirl Well-Known Member

I couldn't find any anywhere, I got a few bits on eBay but went to primark and bought bits a couple of sizes bigger. They had strapless jersey beach dresses which were fab and they had dresses which I just wore with maternity leggings for work. I loved the George mat vest tops tho. I also bought bump bands on eBay and wore my own trousers and jeans until I was nearly 8 months X