Maternity Clothes

kittykitchn

Reaction score
So what's the deal with these odd pieces of fabric?
I assumed a size 10 would be a size 10, with an added bump space. Do they expect a size "10" to actually have put on 4 stone and be in reality a secret size 18? Everything is like a sack! I haven't put on any weight, I'm still the same size as I was but with a massive bump and nothing bloody fits me.

Oh, I haven't found that at all Kitty, the New Look and Red Herring below the bump jeans are eactly the same size as my normal jeans but on an elastic band xx

Oh, I haven't found that at all Kitty, the New Look and Red Herring below the bump jeans are eactly the same size as my normal jeans but on an elastic band xx

All the stuff I have is from New Look and it's all stupidly big. The tops are ridiculous!

Best I have found is h&m mat jeans with the over bump panel. I live in them they are the only comfy ones I have. New look were too big for me too. Next are good for over bump too xx

I got Newlook too and they are fine, however I'm an 8 and I had to get one pair of Jeans in a 10 and a coat in a 10 and the jeans are really loose on the thighs (which is crazy because I have huge thighs for my frame, I can't buy skinny jeans from Next because the size 8s don't go over my thighs LOL).

The coat was a bit baggy too, but I figured it's for the best as I can wear a jumper under it and it'll still fit.

The size 8s fit fine though.

I wonder if they made an error with the sizing on what you bought? Or maybe it's just the style of clothing?

I bought my maternity wear from red herring in the debhenhams sale and jeans from Mothercare and all the clothes fit really well. Jeans from peacocks are way too big though. They fall down every time I wear them and I'm 34 weeks!

All the stuff I have is from New Look and it's all stupidly big. The tops are ridiculous!

Yeah, I did fine the New Look tops really big, I found Red Herring better for tops xx

My newlook jeans fit fine, im only 15weeks, plenty of room for growth in the bump area but i wish id got a size smaller in the tops as they are really big, will prob fit when i get a bit bigger in a few months time x i got some stuff from George too and they seem a bit big, i think you can get to that awkward stage where normal clothes are too small but maternity are too big x

My newlook jeans fit fine, im only 15weeks, plenty of room for growth in the bump area but i wish id got a size smaller in the tops as they are really big, will prob fit when i get a bit bigger in a few months time x i got some stuff from George too and they seem a bit big, i think you can get to that awkward stage where normal clothes are too small but maternity are too big x

I'm certainly in the awkward stage...! However the bump bit fits fine, it's everywhere else. I don't plan on putting on that much weight lol x

All my maternity clothes were from either New Look, Dorothy Perkins or Debenhams (Red Herring). I simply got the same size I was before, but in maternity. Everything fit perfectly! I only had to up a size leggings wise over the last 2 months!

I had jeans from next over the bump and are still too big for me at 38 wks. I have had tops from gap which are huge but now I need them with the size of my bump. H&M were perfect for me in the awkward inbetween stage but a bit too small now and debenhams have been perfect the entire duration, I'm afraid it's like most things you have to try and find out what's best for you.

When I pregnant with my daughter I only gained a bump and found most jeans to big. H and m I found the best until close to the end when I found bump band was to tight but then I just wore yoga trousers or under bump trousers. Also h an m tops were nice and didn't look like sacks! I got most of mine off eBay.

I found over the bump jeans from New Look better. The under bump ones require my ads to be 3 sizes bigger. And my calves to be a size smaller.

I have a whole heap of leggings from primark to see me through the majority of pregnancy though. At £5 a pair I can just buy them in various sizes and colours to keep me going!

I've bought from asos and George, they're quite floaty dresses which I think will be good for the summer. I've bought in an 18 though so they're bigger anyway x

I didn't need maternity jeans thankfully as I was so high. For tops I just bought a few sizes up and they sat nicely! Hoping I'll be able to do the same next time round xx

Iv been abit confused tbh, do you get your actual size or next size up? Or is that later in pregnancy? Xx

I ordered some size 12 over bump jeans from next (my usual size in bottoms) and they are fab.

They are the most comfy jeans I've ever owned :) xx

You should buy your actual size. I actually found the New Look jeans pretty good and were my favoured brand. Top shop were ludicrous, the clothes just felt like sacks.

Maternity wear is completely naff. For my first pregnancy I mainly wore dresses from ASOS as I found dresses most comfortable and smart for work (and cost effective). Second pregnancy I wasn't working and felt rubbish for at least 90% of the time so let myself look completely pants. Plus I was pregnant during the colder months, so wore jeans and jumpers mainly. Again largely New Look clothes, the jeans were fine and didn't care if the tops were huge :lol:

I've bought from asos and George, they're quite floaty dresses which I think will be good for the summer. I've bought in an 18 though so they're bigger anyway x

I got quite a few long summery dresses in the autumn as we went on honeymoon to Tenereife in November, made a point of getting pregnancy-suitable ones... Already had to buy some bigger jeggings when my fluid retention went nuts last week, that's thankfully gone down a lot since though.

I'm also an 18 but I'm 5'8 as well though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back