Maternity bras

SockVortex

Reaction score
So, I’m down to one bra after growing out of all of my others so I figured it was time to buy some new ones. Unfortunately I’m an odd bra size and haven’t been able to track down any maternity ones that will fit. I’m normally a 32D but am now a 32DD it seems.

Has anyone seen any about in smaller back sizes?

Hmm... I've found some regular ones on Bravissimo which are pretty. Maybe I don't need an actual maternity one yet.

Personally I wouldn’t spend money on regular bras. They will become uncomfortable very quickly. I haven’t worn a normal bra since about 13 weeks.
I bought some sports bras and they have been a saviour. So comfortable, nothing digging in anywhere.

Personally I wouldn’t spend money on regular bras. They will become uncomfortable very quickly. I haven’t worn a normal bra since about 13 weeks.
I bought some sports bras and they have been a saviour. So comfortable, nothing digging in anywhere.

I just don’t think I can cope without an underwire, haha. It looks like I have no boobs without one which is obviously fine for the time being as we’re inside but I’d be massively self conscious if I went back to work and wasn’t in a proper bra.

I was a 34DD before pregnancy and used most of my bras with an extender as my cup size didn't really grow.
I also used sports bras around the house but would feel conscious about wearing one in public. Even my MIL asked me why I looked so flat and wide when I wore a dress where my boobs wouldn't fit into the dress with a normal bra... No tact or manners, that woman. Lol

I was the same about them as you @SockVortex with my DD. But got myself some nursing bras for after birth but actually found I was wearing them when I was pregnant. They are so comfy and to be honest I don't think people really notice. I lived in mine till my daughter was 3 when I stopped feeding. Since being on lock down I've worn my sports bra or no bra and when I have gone out I've worn a normal bra and it's so uncomfortable and the wire sticks into my arm pit. So I'll be getting some nursing/non wired bras to wear when I go back to work. Just get one and see how you feel about it, to be honest once bump starts growing no one will notice your boobs xx

I wore maternity bras from Asda! Pack of 2 for about £15. I think you can buy underwire maternity bras, might be worth a Google. In all honesty I lived in sports bra type things that I bought from Morrisons. They weren't underwire but they still had good support and where so soft! I still have them and wear them too bed!

I thought of underwire bras atm makes me feel all funny.
@SockVortex / don’t spend to much money on a regular bra as I can guarantee the bigger and more uncomfortable you get, you won’t give a damn about the size or look of your boobs. You will just want comfort.
You never know your boobs may even get bigger :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back