Maternity and Finances

Aroraa

Reaction score
Hi,

It took it all away , my job ,confidence and my ability to trust the system.I started my career with a driving force to make it big one day and I was pretty much exceeding in every possible way .I had my opportunities and I made the most of it. I had my sweet share of awards in the company with couple of salary hikes in 2.5 years span and then there was no looking back.Along this came a beautiful surprise of being pregnant .I cherished my pregnancy status but that didn't stop me from fulfilling my duties I worked twice as hard as I can so in my absence things are easier for my cover to fulfil as I took my job pretty seriously, but the result for this was not something expected .I lost my job while being on the maternity leave suddenly my important role became unimportant suddenly I became of no use to them because I took maternity leave as my right .The question that bothers me
is being a woman a fault because only you can give your family a child but you pay a price by loosing your job , your confidence your strong belief in yourself and most of all the system betrays you while you have all the way through followed it by paying taxes and going by the law .This is indeed a natural process and is not a crime that you are being punished for it.Irrespective of whether you are a permanent or a contractual employee ,your rights of returning to work should remain be same. At one moment I was an asset to the company and with the birth of my child I became a liability .I worked till my delivery date just to cover for my manager who was away on a personal leave. They committed to get me on board as a permanent employee once I am back to work and they have all the agreements from authorities to do so , but suddenly having a baby disconnected me from the company. Couple of months before I lost my job my manager asked when I would like to resume and we agreed upon a set date and a month before I was due to join I emailed that I am all excited to join work back and I receive an email that my job no longer exist in the same form ,are you saying the work I did for good 2.5 was not important enough that you don't need a person to fill that job .Ofcourse you have got an alternative hiring a contractor does give you right to do so but what about my maternity rights but what about my contract. I did not receive an email from my direct employer for termination of my contract , they should have ideally managed to got me another job and as a courtesy sake atleast email me once why this happened instead they chose to stay shut and didn't respond to my emails or shared relevant documents or not did I get a chance to pick my belongings from the company like my certificates some awards and personal stuff. I was so clueless why would they not think once in spoiling someone's previous moments.Till the time they were getting share from my per day salary I was important for them and later I was nothing but a Mum who is jobless and the so called system doesn't care. I come from a family where if was taught to earn myself and be self dependent always , this whole incidence have taken my confidence away and I feel
Would anyone be happy to hire a
Mum now when they convenient sack pregnant mums I do not accept this system and I raise my voice against it ........

Sorry you are having such a hard time. You might need to clarify exactly what happened as you mention not being a permanent employee and your rights might be different if you were a contractor or agency staff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back