Maternity and childcare vouchers?!!

Selina13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I hope someone can help me with this.

Just found out I'm pregnant with baby #2 and I have only just signed up for childcare vouchers through work. I work part time for local council.

What I'm wondering is if I should cancel getting the childcare vouchers as it may affect my maternity pay- is that correct?! X

Hi. It depends if your company top up the statutory pay? If they do the childcare vouchers will reduce this same as your normal pay but if you only get statutory maternity pay then they can not deduct from this so you will get them on top. I'm pregnant with baby 2 and only get statutory maternity pay so will continue with the vouchers as my company will pay them while I'm off. Hope this makes sense! Xxx

Will you only be getting smp? If so it didn't affect my mat pay. And also my employer had to pay the childcare vouchers on top of my smp until i returned as it's classes as a non cash benefit.

No I think I get 6wk at 90% of my wage, then it goes down to 50% (which is technically less than mat allowance) then I assume it goes to stat mat pay? X

I'm not quite sure how it works. I got 6 weeks 90% of my wage and then down to smp. So I'd get smp each week but my childcare vouchers on top of that. I went on a website called maternity action. They have all legal advice for expectant and new mums and regarding work. Worth having a look they explain most things on the e :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back