Maternity Allowance help?

blondie101

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So last week i sent off my claim for maternity allowance along with wage slips from 2 different jobs to total the 13 weeks. 2 days later they have sent back the wage slips from the one job but not the other. Is this normal procedure or is something wrong with my claim? Just a little bit worried! Not sure whether to ring or wait or what :S

They might just still be processing the other one separately. You shouldn't have a problem claiming for both :)

Mat Allowance or Stat mat pay? xxx

Ah ok, they likely are just processing the rest of the pay slips and checking all is kosha. I have been told though as I sent off mine last week that for Mat Allowance there is a 5 week back log. xxx

They did this for me and I panicked and called and she said it's just as my otherpayslips were a diff format they didn't think they were originals so didn't need to copy and send back but had still counted them xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

If in doubt, definitely give them a call! Theres virtually no hold time either so you usually get straight through. :) I had a massive problem with my maternity allowance as they had messed up my MATB1 but luckily its all sorted, but I was literally on the phone to them every day! xx

Ah ok, they likely are just processing the rest of the pay slips and checking all is kosha. I have been told though as I sent off mine last week that for Mat Allowance there is a 5 week back log. xxx

Oh no! 5 weeks?! What can we do for money in the meantime? Is there anything I can claim?

I can't claim anything at all until baby is here. So I'm just praying he comes after 5weekss is up otherwise we will have no wage coming in for me and will have to wait for tax credits to be processed as well which apparently takes another 2/3 weeks. I called maternity allowance the other day and they said if baby comes before everything is processed, they will back pay :) xxxxx

Abi when you called MA did they indicate their processing times? Is it still at 5 weeks? Just curious.. sent mine off a couple of weeks ago but not sure if i'm entitled because my National Insurance payments stopped last year when all the changes came in.. Would be a lovely bonus if it all goes through! Hope you all get sorted soon - no idea in terms of what else can be claimed for i'm afraid other than child benefit once the baby arrives? x

Yes, I was told if here back mid December which is 5 weeks after they received my documentation :( you will likely qualify but what they may do is automatically offer you £27 a week then give you the choice to pay £36 in NI contributions. They will then back pay you to top up any weeks you didn't get the full £139. This is what the nice man said anyhow. I'm not sure how itl work with me as I've been selfemployed while being in actual employment too xxxxxx

Apparently it hasn't helped that so many people are now classed as agency workers so left it to last minute before realising their company's wouldn't pay maternity for them. Xxxx

I don't know whether I'm classed as agency worker or not but if it rejects I'd have to fill in a form again. One of my jobs was a care agency and it was 0 hour contract but I never ever did zero hours I did almost full time hours every single week I was there lol! I guess if there is a problem I'd just have to apply again lol! Xx

Our company did do smp though its only as i left early i have to get ma xx

It's a nightmare isn't it? I might give them a ring tomorrow to find out how my application is progressing. 5 weeks is madness, baby will be here by then! Can't do any Christmas shopping or anything :(

Update: i phoned MA and claims are now taking up to 5 and a half weeks. The bloke I spoke to reckons I should hear within the next couple of weeks. What a nightmare! Just thought I'd let you all know in case anyone has recently sent their claim through.

Thank you. Urgh it's annoying isn't it!! Really needed that money for her stuff we wanted to buy around now. Having to use OHs money instead when he is paid Tuesday but that leaves us short for other things xx

I know exactly how you feel! I'm relying on my partners income as well. I wanted to by all the stuff for the nursery but haven't been able to. Literally relying on his wages to pay the bills and everything! Still gotta wait another 2 weeks for anything comes through :/

It's so annoying isn't it :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back