Maternity Allowance Form

Positive37

Reaction score
Has anyone completed a MA1 form online to claim Maternity Allowance, ??
I know i need to do this before baby comes just cant face form filling !! grrrrrr

Yes I've completed it a few weeks ago. Such a lot of information to fill in and documents to include but the money is definitely worth it! Good luck :) xx

I did it all by hand, but it took a very long time to sort out, they didn't send me the claim form to sign until about 8weeks after I sent in the claim, then it took another 2-3 weeks to get the letter back sayin they were starting the payments.x

God thanks Lydia might tackle it a bit later bad night sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxx

Thanks BKR jesus sounds slow
thankfully i got a months salary from my temp role so not desperate for the money but also dont wanna be sorting it out when baby is here
i have probalby left it a little late but only just got my MAT B1 form from midwife !!

Oh poor you! Did you have good nights lately or are you awake every single night? Yes it might be good to do when you're a little more awake. You won't be happy if you have to redo it all!
After sending the paperwork off I received a text message about a week later informing me about the payments. I was so relieved as I exactly worked 26 weeks and then my temp job was finished. xxxxx

I do have good nights dont sleep whole way through any night but if i get 3 hour stints i feel much better
I had heartburn last night AND boyfriend was cycling this morning at 6am silly me was thinking about that too grrrr
off to NHS NCT class in half hour will walk there might wake me up!!

Glad your sorted your payments Hunny - we deserve to get something eh

what you up to today and this week/xxxx

I'm glad to hear it's not every night. But one bad night can make you feel tired for a whole week. Heartburn is so awful!
Your boyrfriend must be so fit with all the cycling! Does he always cycle this much or is it more now the Tour's there?

We're still decorating the nursery, washing everything and packing the hospital bag. It's about time to be prepared. Apart from that I've so much studying to do but didn't do any studying at all the last few weeks. Feel so bad about it. I'm a bit behind already so should really start again.
What about you? Is the painter definitely gone now?

Enjoy your NCT classes! xxxxxx

Yeah I did, only then to be told actually I will get smp from my employer!!

You need 13 weeks worth of pay slips from the 66 weeks prior to the due date and you get to choose which. So if your pay is low (like a TAs) then pick your biggest paying slips.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Hi all how do u claim maternity allowance my work don't pay sat maternity pay x when will I need to do it x

Hi Sam, to request Maternity Allowance you've to fill in an MA1 form which can be downloaded online. Payment can start from week 26 onward so you can fill it in any time.

You will find all information (and downloadable MA1 form) here:
https://www.gov.uk/maternity-allowance/overview

Xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member