Maternity Allowance - Anyone Applied?

Sharcaz

Reaction score
Hey ladies...

I applied for maternity allowance around 2-3 weeks ago as I'm self employed but heard nothing back yet...has anyone else applied and how long did it take to get a response? :) xx

I haven't applied yet but still need to hand in my matb1 form in at work - I haven't been there long enough so they need to give me a letter to say why I'll need to claim off government.

I finish in 5 weeks so doubt it'll be done by then .
I earn 1600+ a month and will be on 520 a month on maternity :( but I wouldn't change being pregannt . I'm still classe as working even though I'm on maternity so can claim working tax hopefully :)

It can take 4-6 weeks to sort - just keep ringing them

Hiya. I'm not claiming maternity allowance as I am employed but I just wanted to say that I read an article on the daily mail a few weeks ago which said there is a back log for people applying for maternity allowance and it could take a few months for mums to get their money through..not sure if that is still the case xx

Ah brilliant thanks for that info Amy! Hadn't seen that :) xx

Aries - I've heard that they back pay if they don't get back to you before you finish work! I'm finishing end of October and that's when I've requested payments to start even though I'll be 36 weeks, so I'll give it another couple week then ring them up and see where it's at! Good luck with the app - can't see why you won't be entitled :) xx

Just for anyone popping onto this: I just called them and they confirmed they'd got my application and said they're working on apps received on 23rd August, mine was received 7th Sept so should expect to hear mid-late October...so roughly a 5-6 week process time at the moment :) xx

Good luck!
I applied at the beginning of July and I finally got my first payment on Tuesday when I was 9 days overdue and the day baby was born!
Not really the stress that you need right at the end of a pregnancy but they were always nice and helpful on the phone when I rang to chase it all up xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back