MATB1

Kim

Reaction score
What is it and where can I get one?

What is it for?

You will get it from your midwife, I got mine at my 20 week scan.

If you are employed then you need to give it to your employer. If you are not employed you need to send it with the maternity allowance application form (which you can send when you are approx 26 weeks pregnant).

Thanks for the quick response. I am 20.5 weeks and had my scan last week and saw my GP today and I haven't been given one. I am working, when will they expect me to hand it in? I don't see my midwife til I'm 24 weeks...

I havent been given mine yet see the midwife at 23 weeks though so will ask for it then, my work ask for it 15 weeks before the due date, so they can get it processed in time

Hi Kim

In the maternity notes at work it says that I am required to give them a completed MATB1 form no later than 15 weeks before the expected week of childbirth. I also thought you were given it at your 20wk scan appointment - maybe worth you calling the midwife to check?

HTH

Lucy
17 +2

Hi,

I only just got mine today, I forgot to ask at my 24 week midwife appt so went to the drop in centre today as I only have til next week to inform work when I want to go. It only took a minute, very simple form (was a bit dissapointed as I have been trying to remember to ask for it for the last month) so I think you'll be ok waiting for your 23 week appt to get it. Just don't do a me and forget (I need to start writing a list of things to ask but knowing me I'd forget the list!!)

I had to ask for mine when i went for my 27 week check with Midwife, I was told by my employer to get it as soon as poss so the accountants can start making sure they can get everything sorted for when i go on maternity!

Yeah I got mine at 20 something weeks, its just a slip of paper that states your estimated week of delivery and its signed by your midwife, its just so your employer has proof of pregnancy so you can get your benefit. it also applies even if you lose your baby, as you are still entitled to take the maternety leave if your baby dies after 24 weeks as its classed at this point as still born (sorry for the not so nice information) if you havent got another midwife appointment coming up for a while, you could always give them or your GP a call and ask them to do one and pop it through the door for you or something.

Hi

I had a midwife appointment today and got mine. Apparently the law has justy changed and you can send this from 20 weeks onwards now.

If you are recently unemployed and using it to apply for maternity allowance you can't send the forms off until you reach 'the beginning of the 14th week before the week you expect to have your baby'. So I guess that means 25? (They like to make it easy don't they)

Yeah I have to send mine with Maternity allowance claim as I'm not working.

What about OH? Don't they need it for their work to get Paternity Leave?

No one at work has asked for it, that's why I was confused. I think I will mention it to my midwife when I see her on 27th.

Hi Kim

I had to ask my midwife for one - with me changing hospitals etc, I think she assumed I'd already have one. But I only just got it at 30 weeks!!

It only takes them a second to fill out so it won't be a problem

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back