Mat leave

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Geekachublog, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

So today I've started advertising for my own job, very weird.

2. gemloulau

gemloulau Well-Known Member

I interviewed someone this week for my maternity cover - felt like looking for my own replacement. I did not enjoy it!! x

3. nikki_isme

nikki_isme Well-Known Member

My maternity cover starts in a few weeks, but my leave doesn't start until October! They've recruited already as I had hyperemesis gravidarum up until 14 weeks and am still suffering from the effects (tiredness and muscle loss due to not eating for 2 months!). They bought in my 'replacement' already so I have some help, especially as my role is organising a Conference for over 300 people, so welcome the extra hands!

4. Lulubelle

Lulubelle Well-Known Member

I had interviews for my mat cover last Friday. An old friend of mine got the job, I am a teacher so it was really weired getting feedback from the students about them as I have known him for years! Mind you, at least it is sorted. One of the other teachers is going on mat leave a week before me and she has no idea who is going to do her role!