mat b1

rosey

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use the mat b certificate to get your eyes tested?

No, eye testing isn't free when ur pregnant as the hormones can make ur eyes change. It's in dental and prescriptions that r free xx

Really? I'm sure I got a free eye test last time??? Maybe I made that up ;) x

Lol no I looked into it, even phoned and asked! Just prescriptions and dental.

No I didn't get a free one either! I wear glasses and thought the fact that hormones can change your eyesight you would think it would be included :/

That's poo! I was going to go and get an eye test, won't bother now x

its a shame really that it doesnt but u need to have the exemtion card thingy anyhow to get these things not a Mat b1 as i was told, not that i have needed at the moment but due for dentist soon so will have to get it out then and give it a flash :) xx

WSS ^^^

The MAT B1 is for your employer or to help claim maternity allowance from the government. The prescription exemption thing is a different form, most GP's do one automatically or your MW at your first appt so you get the card through a few weeks later xx

I thought everyone was entitled to a free eye test once every two years? Or is that just in Scotland...

I thought everyone was entitled to a free eye test once every two years? Or is that just in Scotland...

That's what I was going to say too, maybe it is just Scotland. I thought it was everywhere! xx

well in wales we get free perscriptions anyway, free dental when preg and nothing towards eyes. i had to get glasses for distance while pg and had to pay full cost.

I had eye test on Friday cause I had a free voucher through the post (nothing to do with being preg) and I asked if I'd have gotten it free anyway due to pregnancy and apparently not, just dental as said before. And check with dentist what you need to take with you for free treatment/prescriptions - mine are happy to take a copy of the mat B1 but some demand that special card off your midwife that other people on here have talked about.

Unfortunately in England you get pretty much sod all! Just free prescriptions and dental - reminds me I must book a dental appt whilst it's free! You still have to pay for a scrape and polish though as they class it as cosmetic these days so it's a private cost!!

Unfortunately in England you get pretty much sod all! Just free prescriptions and dental - reminds me I must book a dental appt whilst it's free! You still have to pay for a scrape and polish though as they class it as cosmetic these days so it's a private cost!!

not at my dentist, its free with card thingy :) xx

My dentist is obv just a knob!! I had to pay £30 even though I had my exemption card!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back