Mat b form

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Mictho29, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Mictho29

Mictho29 Well-Known Member

When do we get this plz it's been 5yrs since my last baby and i cant remember does the midwife give it out? x

2. MrsRoger

MrsRoger Well-Known Member

Hello,

I got my form at my 22 week Midwife appt, I had to say to her tho (not having best time with this midwife but she leaving soon) to give it to me so I could notify my work.

xxxx

3. CornishGirl

CornishGirl Well-Known Member

We have to ask for ours in my area. I'm going to phone the surgery and get her to leave it at reception for me!

4. Mictho29

Mictho29 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies I'm 20wks but my next appointment isn't till 28 wks so guess I'll need to ask to collect before thanks xx

5. Aragon

Aragon Well-Known Member

Mine is apparently at 24 weeks!! Weird!! Thought I'd get it this time at 16 weeks xx

6. Browneyed Girl

Browneyed Girl Well-Known Member

They're not allowed to issue them before 20 weeks xx

7. Lander

Lander Well-Known Member

Getting mine at 20 weeks after my scan in a fortnight. Need to submit to work asap as with A/L to take before mat leave I'll be done three months later at the end of July! !

8. Aragon

Aragon Well-Known Member

Ohhh that explains it!! Thanks xx

9. inky

inky Well-Known Member

I don't know if anything has changed since my last baby but previously I was given it 24 weeks x

10. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

You can't get it until after 20 weeks, but then it says you have to give it to your employer by 25/26 weeks, which doesn't leave a whole lot of time LOL

My appointment was bang on 20 weeks so I asked for it (twice!) as my next appointment isn't til 28 weeks and your employer is supposed to have it by then.
    I'm sending mine off this week as I need Mat allowance (don't earn enough to get SMP but only under by about £10 a week lol).
    Filled in the Mat Allowance form but needed bank details so will fill that bit in tomorrow and get it posted. I'm wanting to take maternity leave as early as possible lol (29 weeks) haha.

11. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

I got mine at 20wks but didnt actually give it to my employer until 30wks! Kept forgetting!

HR had no issue with getting it at that point and my mat leave is all sorted and starts Monday (36wks) x

12. Lander

Lander Well-Known Member

Was a bit miffed myself when I figured this out, good thing I'd already planned out all my dates!

13. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I had mine as 24 weeks. They can't give if out before 20 weeks and some dint like giving it out before because 24is your viable week.