Mat allowance- aargh!!

Mrsmac1507

Reaction score
I posted about this a few weeks back but situations not resolved. I'm not entitled to stat mat pay as iv not worked there long enough, was preggers when I started, so I was always aware my only option would be mat allowance. I submitted my matb1 form and other relevant paperwork to hr dept and awaited their response in particular my smp1 form, which is required to apply for mat allowance, as it's the official form that states my work won't pay me stat mat pay. After weeks of no response I contacted them, they said they would issue my smp1 form until I actually start my mat leave, which is the day before I'm due (taking hols before this though) Contacted job centre who said they should be able to give it to me now. Again hr said no way they would give it to me before my mat leave starts and they were really rude about it. So I explained this can't be right as it would there would be a delay in me getting any money at all as it takes weeks to process and I'll have had baby by then, then they started saying,'well no, you'll get 90% of ur wages for 6 weeks........' . That's stat mat pay which I'm not entitled too and if I was I couldn't apply for may allowance also. I'm so frustrated snd annoyed, and I'm at the stage I don't want to phone them again as I don't want the confrontation. This is really just a rant- did anyone else have bother getting this sorted?

Mine worked out as having 8 weeks full pay 18 weks half pay and mat allowance and so many weeks on just mat allowanve. It can get sorted pretty quick or theyll backdate it x

Really, I didn't think it could be split like that, I thought if u had to apply for mat allowance that was all you were entitled to?

Depends on your work package. I worked for nhs a year before I fell pregnant and took up a new post x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back