MAT 1 form

tetra

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm just looking for a bit of guidance, I need a MAT 1 from to apply for a new house, I have a docs appointment tomorrow, will I be able to get it from them then or will I have to wait for my first appointment with the MW? is it too early for me to get one at 5+2?

I'm just worried that we'll be rushing around towards the end of my pregnancy! :wall2:

Any help appreciated! xx

You can only get this at 25 weeks. Your mw usually provides it x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Officially you can get it after 20 weeks but your midwife normally gives this to you at your 25 week appt. I asked for mine early (at 22 weeks) as I needed it for work but by law, 20 weeks is the earliest they can give it. x

It is a matB1 form and as said you need to be 20 weeks. When you get it photocopy it as they can only give you 1. If they want the original either hand deliver it or record deliver it and ask them to do the same when you want it back. People will lose it otherwise.

Mat b1. Forms cannot be given before 25 weeks but most mw do give it before at around 20 week as u need to inform your employer using it. X

They can give at 20 weeks or after, it is only given at 25 weeks because that is when the appt falls.

thanks ladies.
My employer has said that he wont need it for a good while, it's just the landlord that wanted it ASAP. It makes sense that it's 20wks though, i assumed it'd be way too early! x

Do they need a matb1 or do they just need proof of pregnancy?

The matb1 is the only official proof of pregnancy. Even if you took a scan report they wouldn't accept it as proof.

My employer accepted a g.p letter confirming pregnancy. Had to pay £30 for if but got it

They'll only accept the MATB1 unfortunately, which is a pain but understandable! x

You could ask, I was given mine by my MW at my 8 week booking in appointment then I handed it in to my work after 20 week scan! X

I was told by my doc that we get it at booking in appointment

I was told by my doc that we get it at booking in appointment

The form is an official form from the NHS & it is printed on the top that it is not to be given out until 20 weeks, so either your doctor has got it wrong or they are doing something naughty! x

Unless its something else they mean

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back