Mastitis...

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Petit Pois, May 21, 2013.

1. Petit Pois

Petit Pois Well-Known Member

I think I have it!! :(

My right boob is so sore, and I have horrible fluey symptoms - pounding headache, sore throat, achy arms and legs, freezing cold one minute and sweating the next. It's awful! Hurts to walk and paracetamol ain't touching this mammoth headache. So tired as well and D won't stop eating lol.

I spoke to bf lady this morning and she said that it might be a blocked duct unless I had a red patch/rash on my boob. I didn't at the time but I do now!

Anyone had mastitis? Does this sound like it? Will be making doc appt in the morning.

Tapatalking!

2. sallybee

sallybee Well-Known Member

Never had it but that sounds like a classic case of mastitis Hun get yourself to docs ASAP and feed feed feed from that side.

Be careful that the antibiotic they give you doesn't interfere with milk supply, they told a girl on here (tweetyfoo) that it wouldn't but her milk went AWOL! If she comes along she may be able to tell you the name of it.

Massive hugs Hun, that must be horrible. Xxxx

3. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

Get your self to docs. Feed trough it though (some GPs may tell you you have to give up, but that's rubbish) clxxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

4. tweetyfoo

tweetyfoo Well-Known Member

Hey

I had mastitis - but I just expressed through it and it cleared up on its on

I was on antibiotics for tonsilitis - clarithomycin and my milk dried up! It was the most stressful weekend ever (I'm sure theres a thread on here somewhere that shows me having a nervous breakdown) It came back once I stopped the antibiotics

5. Petit Pois

Hi tweety :)

Yeah I've been expressing from that breast as I also have a blister on my nipple and it's really sore to feed. Pain and flueyness seem to be easing off now I'm taking antibiotics (cant remember name but deffo not the ones you mentioned) so that's good :)

Tapatalking!

6. tweetyfoo

tweetyfoo Well-Known Member

Sorry - didn't realise I was so late to the party! Should have looked at dates :wall2:

7. knopk@

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I was just prescribed erythtomycin for mastitis, hopefully it wont affect supply

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

8. Petit Pois

Mine are fluxo-something or other I think. I've not noticed any problems with supply but I have only been expressing a few times a day as now combi feeding :)

Hope yours work well for you knopk x

Tapatalking!