Mastitis while pregnant??

Rubyredslipper

Reaction score
Over the weekend, my left boob felt a bit uncomfortable when lying in my side. Just assumed I'd been lying funny (I'm on the large side btw!!)
Just noticed today around my nipple there's a slight bump. It's more like a spot than a lump, and when I squeezed lightly a little bit of discharge came out.
I'm not sure if it's pregnancy related or not, am 24 weeks tomorrow, but a quick google suggests it could be a form of mastitis??
Anyone had anything similar? I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow so will mention to her and I've also booked a Drs apt for Monday which was the earliest I could get!

Your midwife should be able to advise you accordingly ... Generally mastitis makes you feel very unwell so if you feel like you've got the flu then it could well be, try and massage it in the bath and stuff to get it flowing lol weird when you don't yet have a baby to feed but they will tell you what to do. X

Feel fine, and A further Google suggested it could be a blocked duct. Been putting warm water on and massaging it and it's gone down a lot. I'm waiting to see MW now so will still mention it to her. x

Yeah good plan, it isn't very comfortable is it! I remember having mastitis with my daughter a few years ago and my goodness it made me feel really unwell xx

MW said probably nothing to worry about. She didn't seem concerned at all! It's pretty much gone now so panic over! Didn't actually realise mastitis has that much of an affect on you. At least I know what to look out for (fingers crossed I don't need to though) x

Yeah hopefully you won't ever have to go through it! It is really painful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back