MAP

charlene09

Reaction score
How effective is MAP 3 days after unprotected sex?

Thanks in advance.

tapatalking so cannot see tickers! sorry for typos also!

Oh dear! I used it 72 hours after unprotected sex when I was younger as it was Xmas eve so couldn't get it before and it worked for me x

My best mate took it 12 hours later she's now 20 weeks pregnant

pickle and poppets mummy taptaptapping

One of my friends took it around 14 hours after and she has a baby now but I used it about 24 hours after and it worked for me x

I am guessing a lot depends on where in your cycle you took it tbh I have taken it when not TTC so wouldn't have known if I was ovulating or not so of course it would work if your not. If you are like my friend well the swimmers must have been fast and the egg literally there so it didn't work iyswim

pickle and poppets mummy taptaptapping

The sooner you take it the more chance it will work. So after 72hrs there is still a chance it will work but alot lower than if you took it within 24hrs X

I am ovulating next AF due 24th of this month, just been and got it from boots chemist and never thought I'd ever feel like this about taking it, so upset :( I know I might not have been pregnant but what if I were, never gonna shake this guilt off :'(

I am ovulating next AF due 24th of this month, just been and got it from boots chemist and never thought I'd ever feel like this about taking it, so upset :( I know I might not have been pregnant but what if I were, never gonna shake this guilt off :'(

No offence Charlene BUT if you don't want to run the risk of a pregnancy at this point then you need to be more careful to begin with.

After your last pregnancy no-one is going to judge you about taking the MAP? As someone who has had 3 miscarriages I don't think badly of women that take the MAP. I think it is probably the most sensible option for you hun?

Please get some contraception sorted out though.

xxxxxxxxxxx

^wss, if you feel that bad taking MAP, maybe get some contraception in place before you dtd again.

I did use a condom but it split, I am not allowed any hormonal contraceptives till I have had blood tests and USS to rule out heavy irregular bleeding, I wouldn't do it on purpose as I wouldn't be so devastated about having to take the pill.

Even though I had a real bad pregnancy with Cabhan the thought is always going to be with me, I could have potentially got rid of a life, yes it wouldnt have bin a life yet but it may well have been so when it comes to my AF due date.
Now from today I know I will NEVER have an abortion, so OH best hope it's worked because he doesn't want anymore babies xx

If it helps it more thins out the womb lining preventing the egg from implanting so your not killing anything. As if it works it doesn't get a chance to implant. Many women take the MAP for many reason like when I took mine my lil boy was about 3 months old and I accidentally missed one of my mini pills and the risk was not worth it having 2 kids at the time at 3 and 16 months old. I think your being really sensible having used protection that let you down your taking precautions and that's really sensible - half of all MAP users are because of let down contraception it missed pills I think people see it as accidents or oh well I've got it to fall back on where as most of the time it isn't. 50% are taken on nights out with mostly young but can be older women too having a night of passion - allot of people think MAP users are irresponsible where as half aren't and have taken precautions that have failed or over looked like the pill and I think the other 50% automatically give these people a bad name. I can't have the main pill as its too strong for me - but missing the mini pill by 5 hours as were was staying at a friends can throw the hours around it out and wasn't willing to take the risk. Xxx so I understand 100% why your taking it x

Well we had a condom split and taddaaaa.... But we wanted close babies so wasn't an issue for us however if it happened again between this pregnancy and getting the coil then i would take map.
I think people assume that you must have been daft to need it but i think its easy to end up in that situation and better to do something before anything happens and you may not be pregnant because it doesn't always happen first time anyway. I hold my hands up the month before we caught on we had dtd unprotected but didnt get pregnant but the scare made me use contraception more carefully and then it split!
Looking back DH had a reaction to the lube that sent his todger dry and it split (like chapped lips) but we thought we need to use them anyway so carried on using them so we dont know if the rough skin caused it to split? sorry for the tmi! But i laugh that DH honestly has a reaction to them its not just a lie!! xx

Last edited:
I don't think it's irresponsible to take MAP, i think regardless of how youve come to need it the responsible thing is too sort it before it becomes an even bigger issue.I've taken it a couple of times for one reason or another, one reason being totally irresponsible, and never thought I was doing the wrong thing as I knew I'd rather be faced with the pill now then an unwanted pregnancy in 4weeks time.
I think I took it 48hrs after (roughly) and was okay
chin up doll
x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just scared of the chance of It not working now that's the main issue.

If it didn't then it's meant to be but say next year I have to look into the face of a baby and think I took MAP with you to get rid of you would just screw me to pieces.

I was looking at cabhan before thinking it and to think it could well have turned into another one of him appauls me

Is it normal to have sorta like spotting like implantation bleeding

Yes it's the womb lining thinning out so nothing can implant x

Ok doke, just I have bin to the toilet and there was very light pinky blood that looked like implantation bleeding xx

Nar shouldn't be I've had it before and I didn't end up pregnant

Okay well I hope it's worked anyway.

Just my SIL shitting me up basically saying cos I've bled its implantation, I'm not the fertilest of people so I honestly don't think one split of a condom would get me pregnant.

Urgh ignore her what will be will be best thing you can do is relax - I have my fx for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back