Mammy and baby stomach bug

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by queenriccy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. queenriccy

queenriccy Well-Known Member

Can somebody give me some advice, me and Daisy (12weeks) have both been up all night being sick and me dihorea. She has sleep between but mine has been constant. She won't take any milk, she keeps bringing it back up, she hasn't a fever and is sleeping a lot.

Any advice ?

2. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

You should avoid dairy products with a D&V bug because bacteria thrives in it.
    Though I'm not sure what to do with a 12 week old. If she were older you could give food but she's too young.

Keep her well hydrated though (pre boiled water). Maybe try her with the tiniest bit of milk later, but definitely make it up fresh with a freshly boiled kettle to reduce the bacteria in the milk.

If she seems to be dehydrated at all take her to the Dr asap x

#2 Phoenix85, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  3. can

can Well-Known Member

The advise if always been given by the doctors when my lo's have had stomach bugs is continue to feed as normal or water if they won't take milk. With a 12 week old it's hard. Iv used the syringe that comes with the calpol bottles to squirt water into they mouth just the keep them
    Hydrated as that's the dangerous thing with such a young baby.