Mamas and Papas

MrsR

Reaction score
I am so disapointed! We went pram shopping today to try out lots of different prams and finally decide so we went to teeside retail park where there's a toys r us, mothercare and mamas and papas to go in. We started at toys r us where the staff were so helpful and offered us help immediatly. They were very attentive, helpful and generally couldn't do enough for us. They helped us try out 3-4 different prams and suggested car seats etc as well. Then we popped into mothercare. Again the lady was really really helpful, let us have a try with 4-5 different plans, gave opinions, helped us with car seats and talked us through all the choices and offers that were available. Then came mamas and papas. The store was empty. There were 3 members of staff on the cashier desk chatting amongst themselves and not even a 'hello' when we entered. We wandered straight over to the prams and started to have a play with the ones that were catching our eyes. The prams were really complicated and we couldn't figure out how to collapse them etc and sometimes it was hard to understand what the price included. We spent maybe 15 minutes looking and kind of expecting someone to offer us some help but no. Their conversation mustve been too important! We hovered near the desk to wait to ask for help but were completely ignored and, after 20 minutes, we walked out. I was and still am so pissed off. I've written to mamas and papas to complain as I can not believe this! Especially with a company like mamas and papas! Grrrrrr.

Im really surprised by this as mamas and papas here is fantastic! We have bought almost all of our stuff from there! Sorry you had a bad experience hun. Did you decide on a pram?

We're thinking about the my3 by mothercare or the spin but not sure yet x

That's awful...I can't believe they would just ignore you! I'd have said something before walking out! x

I've sent a scathing email to them! Crappy customer service!!! Grrrrrr

Eek it's horrid when you have a good company but an area shop are less than great.

Did you get an email back?

I like that mothercare pram - I'd have considered that if it was out when I got my icandy.

No response as of yet x if I don't get one then I'm going to write a letter as well!

I just cant believe they was that rude to let you and your OH just stand there!!

UPDATE!!!! Just had a phone call from head office customer relations!!! She apologised for the experience I'd had, explained she'll be in contact with the manager and deputy manager of the store and offered to arrange for us to go back to the store and have a look round with a manager to help give us the experience we should have had x x I'm really shocked they phoned and so happy that they did! Lol x x

Glad they phoned, now thats the sort of care they should be giving their customers!!

Thats such a shame hun, i work at M&P's head office an got to say, lots of retail staff are useless at the best of times, so sorry you had such a bad experience an hope you get some vouchers outof it :)

Some staff just can't be bothered and have no pride in their jobs - hope you get some vouchers too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back