MAM or DR Brown bottles

mummywanabe

Reaction score
Im due in june and ive decided to bottle feed, I was going to buy either mam anti colic bottles which are cheaper and ive heard great review s but also heard they can leak, 2 friends have recommended dr brown anti colic bottles but have said the central valve can be tricky to clean, anyone have any advice? ??

I can highly recommend the MAM bottles xxxx

I recommend the MAM

Yes - the can leak, but only if you don't put them together right iykwim

I've been using them with Aaron for 6 months and they are fab.

Only advice I would give is not to bother with the tiny bottles as they dont last long!

I use Avent and think theyre fab!!

And I agree with tweety dont buy 4 oz bottles theyre just a waste!! X

Talking on my phoneee!! x

Are the 4oz bottles the 130 ml? Should I just buy the 160ml ones then?

Get the 9oz bottles x

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Ok I just ordered the mam starter back from amazon it has 2 130ml, 2 160ml and 4 250ml bottles, 4 teats and a soother, it has a few other bits n pieces too, for £20 thought that was quite good price. Ill buy more closer to due date. Ok I am a bit clueless should I buy one of those thermal warmer bag things, and ill need to buy a brush. Sorry ima bit clueless noother babies in my family and this is our first baby

Ok I just ordered the mam starter back from amazon it has 2 130ml, 2 160ml and 4 250ml bottles, 4 teats and a soother, it has a few other bits n pieces too, for £20 thought that was quite good price. Ill buy more closer to due date. Ok I am a bit clueless should I buy one of those thermal warmer bag things, and ill need to buy a brush. Sorry ima bit clueless noother babies in my family and this is our first baby

I dont think youd need anymore, that sounds plenty. And a bargain!!
Definately buy a bottle brush, id say buy one thats by Mam if you can as its alot easier than using a general one. I dont have a thermal bag. I just use a small thermos flask of hot water and take an empty bottle out with me and premeasured pot of formula powder. Then if needs be ask for a bowl of cold water to cool it xx

Talking on my phoneee!! x

Ok, thanks girls!!!! I feel so clueless at the minute but this has been very helpful

I haven't got experience in MAM bottles but I do have experience with dr browns bottles. Dr browns bottles are amazing but they're down side is that they can leak if you pour in hot water and seal straight away.

We used MAM bottles first time round and planning on using them again this time.

I would suggest though not to buy too much of one type at this stage, it took us a while to find bottle and teat combination which suited us and so have ended up with a box full of odd bottles and teats.

Also a friend of mine recently had a baby and decided to use tommee tipee bottles, but her baby was very colicy and she ended up spending a fortune on dr brown bottles.

I used Dr Brown with Connor as he had really bad colic, & they were brilliant, deffinately worth the money. Will be using them for Jr if I express (which I probably will) x

I also recommend MAM. LOVE THEM!

I bought the starter pack and its great you definately wont need to ever buy anymore. The reason i ever did is because i ended up losing two. The only thing you'll need to buy are their soothers and new teats when you will eventually move up. If you;re on FB id recommened liking the MAM page they run competitions nearly everyday where they have tones of giveaways :)

With the leaking issue, it will nly happen if you dont tighten the bottom part properly & if you put boiling water in them ( by boiling i mean straight after the kettle has just boiled not when you waiting 30 mins ).

I really cannot fault them, the fact you can jsut sterilise them in the microwave is a god send saves you work top space. Also their soothers come in little steriliser boxes that you just pop in the microwave to clean also. Best of luck :)

Dr brown bottles where my life saver . I originally used TT anti colic bottles and they where awful done nothing to prevent colic and ruby suffered from it so bad . I began using Infacol which helped as a friend recommended DR brown bottles , from the first feed ruby had a lot less wind . They worked wonders .

Xxxx

With regards to the leaking with MAM bottles its best to make sure everything is put together properly so a week before your due take then out clean them, put them in the mircowave for time stated and dry and assemble and do it a few times get use to getting them ready, even with water in them. sometimes they stick sometimes they arent put together fully. x x x

I have a very colicy newborn and will ve buying some Dr Browns today x

My lg used dr borwn bottles for months they were great for her reflux. I then bought her some MAM bottles and she didnt like them at all. She now uses Avent anti colic, i will definetely be buying these for my next baby and also boots own have been great x

So ryan is now 5 weeks old so thought id post an update...sure enough he has reflux and colic, were currently using both mam and dr brown bottles both work well, he does still get trapped wind and will have a little cry but nothing like the horrendous screams he had in the early days before we started using the bottles. I thinknhe prefers the teet on mam bottles so we bought extra and use them on dr brown bottles too, mam are self sterilizing which is great for hols or when youre out, theyre also a hell of a lot cheaper got a starter kit 8 bottles on amazon fpr £14 and a lot easier to clean than dr Brown. Just to add he is also on c&g comfort milk and using infacol before feeds, previously used colief which was useless for him, and on carobel instant for his reflux

We used MAM bottles first time round and planning on using them again this time.

I would suggest though not to buy too much of one type at this stage, it took us a while to find bottle and teat combination which suited us and so have ended up with a box full of odd bottles and teats.

Also a friend of mine recently had a baby and decided to use tommee tipee bottles, but her baby was very colicy and she ended up spending a fortune on dr brown bottles.

I agree on this, I have 9 tommee tippee bottles and 4 avent ones. Waste of money and where one takes out the bubbles he doesn't drink all of it resulting being more hungry quicker and being fussy. Or getting loads of wind and being sicky because of the bubbles but drinking quick and enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back