MAM microwave steriliser and anti colic bottles question

Brooksy

Reaction score
Hi guys
Wondering if any of you have any experience with the MAM microwave steriliser and/or anti colic bottles, I have a couple of queries about them and can't seem to get a response from MAM, and irritatingly they don't have a telephone customer service, only email.
The queries I have are;

Microwave steriliser
The instructions state that providing the steriliser is kept closed post sterilisation, the bottles will be sterilised for 48 hours. This is fine, but what or how long are they sterilised for if the steriliser is opened? The MAM video for this shows loads of bottles being sterilised, then opened and bottles left to dry then assembled with the tongs, but it doesn't say if we were to do that, how long they would be sterile for?

Anti colic bottles
Again query about post sterilisation of bottles in the microwave if you were to follow the "self sterilisation" method. The instructions state that post sterilisation you should pour out any excess water left in the base of the bottle, these should be left to dry and stored as per how you sterilised them. Again, they should be sterile for 24 hours providing you do not dis-assemble the bottles. Firstly, pouring out the water post sterilisation surely breaks the seal anyway, plus the bottles won't seem to dry if they are left as per how they came out the microwave which will mean that the rubber parts will erode quicker. If we were to dis-assemble them so they are able to dry, how long would they be sterile for, if at all? What have other people done with these bottles?

Sorry if these questions seem silly, I just feel like I have a nagging feeling about these that I need an answer to, I don't want to make my daughter Ill!

Hey, I'm no expert but I have used a few different bottles as I combi fed my son and have just switched from bfing to ffing with my daughter using the mam bottles.

In answer to your first question, I always found it was 24 hours once bottles were assembled, so I would sterilise, open the steriliser after the required standing time then assemble all the bottles and use them within 24 hours.

With your second question I just make sure that I wash my hands throughly before I assemble the bottles and again made sure I used them within 24 hours. I've never had any problems doing this.

I think the main thing is to make sure you wash throughly and sterilise accordingly and then follow the instructions for making up the milk. If you do that then it's highly unlikely to cause a problem even if there is slight contact from your hand.

I had the mam microwave bottles and if I remember correctly ( was a while ago) the teets didmt have any problems with eroding etc, infact my little one plays with most of them even now and teets are all still fine, shes 7 in December lol!

I only had the microwave ones for ease and had nothing but praise for them and will def use them next time,

Hope that helps :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back