Male fertility tests

lillou

Reaction score
today me and OH bought male and female feritlity tests from boots, i cant do mine until i am on CD3 but OH did his tonight and his sperm quantity and motility is at the right levels :cheer: :cheer:

this pack was quite expensive at £59.99 but a massive relief as my OH was worrying something was wrong with his wee men but this tells us nothing is wrong and to carry on TTC :cheer: :cheer:

so i have to take my test on my next CD3 which tells us if my eggs can be fertilised,will keep u all updated though!

That's great news.

If it helps you relax knowing that everything is OK physically it's got to be a good thing.

Good luck with your test :)

:wave: Hi Lillou,

To put your minds fully at ease - I would recommend your OH has a test done through his GP aswell. These home tests do not test sperm morphology, which is probably the most important aspect, this can only be done in labs under a microscope.

My DH has a high count and good motility, but we have just recently found out he also has very low morphology, and means we have a very slim chance of conceiving naturally. After TTC for 14 months and now on the nhs waiting list - I so wish we had tested sooner!

Good luck :hug:

Jule said:
:wave: Hi Lillou,

To put your minds fully at ease - I would recommend your OH has a test done through his GP aswell. These home tests do not test sperm morphology, which is probably the most important aspect, this can only be done in labs under a microscope.

My DH has a high count and good motility, but we have just recently found out he also has very low morphology, and means we have a very slim chance of conceiving naturally. After TTC for 14 months and now on the nhs waiting list - I so wish we had tested sooner!

Good luck :hug:

o no :( now i have to tell him this! i did realise it didnt test the sperms morphology but i took it for granted this would be ok! how stupid of me!

i think il let him know and if we dont get our BFP by feb he says he'l then go to the doctor for that test!
by then it'l be coming up to 1 year since we started TTC so will be due to go to the docs anyway

thanks for this info chick

:hug:

:hug: No probs sweetie! I hope I didn't put a dampner on your enthusiasm, just wanted to help!

Its tough this TTC isn't it?!

Lets hope we both get our BFPs soon!

J x

that's really useful to know Jule.

Me and DH have been TTC for about 6 months now and we are starting to wonder how long it wil be (if ever) before we cenceive!

I was thinking of getting one of these tests for him just so that it's another thing to rule out. I suppose it's worth getting one anyway because if they show low count or mobility we can see the doc sooner.

thanks for the info

c
xx

yeh a lot harder than we first thought it would be, we'r still young so hoping if there are any problems we can get them sorted asap. i just feel its better to find problems earlier so we can work on them, if that makes sense :?

good luck to u to!
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back