making up feeds

kim88

Reaction score
How do you do it??
There is so many ways people do it and i know they say you should make them up as you need them but its unrealistic.
do i make bottles up and store them in the fridge or just store the boiled water in the fridge?! So confused. I'm using cow and gate formula xx

Hiya.

It's a complete nightmare when you first start trying to decide how best to do it!

You'll get lots of different ways and best thing to do is decide on what way you think will best suit you and go with it.

Personally, I boil the kettle, leave it 25-30mins, add the water, then the formula and shake. I then store the bottles in the fridge and warm when needed. To warm I boil the kettle and stand in a jug, usually takes about 6-7mins to warm that way.

Jill x x

I make all bottles fresh, it's easy if you use a flask! Boil the kettle, leave for 30mins and then pour into a flask. When you need a bottle making, just pour from the flask into the bottle and add powder! That way you have correct temp water all the time and can make fresh.

I boil kettle and let it cool for about half hour..
Then i fill all 6 of his bottles up with 4oz..
I leave them on the side to cool, sometimes if its a hot day ill put them in the fridge, otherwise i will leave them on the kitchen worktop!
I just reheat the water in his TT bottle warmer as and when i need a bottle and then add the formula.

If im going out i used to warm up bottle and keep in bottle bag to keep warm and then add formula when he needed it.
But ive since changed from TT bottles to Dr Browns and they bloody leak if u tip them..
So instead i buy the powder for the house and ready to drink C&G cartons for his change bag for when we are out and i just pack sterilsed empty bottles to use. xxx

how much do you warm it up? Just to drinking temp? Iv been doing the same as you but just serving at room temp. Its soo much easier than other methods iv tried!
Lovely pic by the way Dani!! Xx

how much do you warm it up? Just to drinking temp? Iv been doing the same as you but just serving at room temp. Its soo much easier than other methods iv tried!
Lovely pic by the way Dani!! Xx

Thanks hun! I just stick it in the tommee tippee warmer for a few mins or slighly longer if bottles been in fridge.
But the cartons i just give at room temp, but as cartons are 7ozs i use half n put it in fridge if at home or someones house.. Otherwise i put all in bottle if in out n just let him drink what he wants n throw away what he doesnt drink within the 2hrs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back