Making Memories

BabyLove

Reaction score
Has Anyone Been Recording They're Pregnancy To Have Lots Of Keepsake's Throughout Your Child's Life? :)

Iv Been Keeping a Hardback Diary Which I Have Been Writting To The Baby In All Through My Pregnancy. It Contains Every Detail, From Finding Out, Midwife Appointments,Occations,Milestones & Special Moments Etc :) All Our Emotions & Feelings About Her Are Written In There & I Make Sure I Write Entries All The Time. I Cant Wait To Show Her When Shes Older. Iv Also Printed Out Dozens Of Bump Photo's and Copies Of My Scans, All Of Which Will Be Kept In a Secure Pink Memory Box Especially For Her :) I'll Add Her Hospital Tag, My Pregnancy Notes and Everything Else I Consider Treasurable To The Box For When She's Older :) x

I've kept all the scan pics, name tags etc for all of them but i didn't write a diary, thats a really lovely idea.

don't forget a newspaper... i kept one for tia... :)

I've been doing this too.

I have my bump pics, scan pics/dvd and plan to keep all cards we receive. I'll even pop some of my fave baby clothes in the box for him.

I've found it to be quite a good bonding thing. xxx

I did keep a diary with my 1st and started writing it up in a really nice, cute book later but never got round to finishing it all.

I often look back and read about it, its funny how much you forget.

I've also kept all the scan pics, hospital tags, cord clips and stumps etc.

What a great idea. I did keep on thinking in the 1st Tri that i should keep a diary but i never got around to it. I will obviously keep scan pics, cards and pregnancy notes etc. Just wish i had made more of a note of the pregnancy.

xCarly said:
Has Anyone Been Recording They're Pregnancy To Have Lots Of Keepsake's Throughout Your Child's Life? :)

Iv Been Keeping a Hardback Diary Which I Have Been Writting To The Baby In All Through My Pregnancy. It Contains Every Detail, From Finding Out, Midwife Appointments,Occations,Milestones & Special Moments Etc :) All Our Emotions & Feelings About Her Are Written In There & I Make Sure I Write Entries All The Time. I Cant Wait To Show Her When Shes Older. Iv Also Printed Out Dozens Of Bump Photo's and Copies Of My Scans, All Of Which Will Be Kept In a Secure Pink Memory Box Especially For Her :) I'll Add Her Hospital Tag, My Pregnancy Notes and Everything Else I Consider Treasurable To The Box For When She's Older :) x

One thing carly, you wont be able to keep your notes hunni - they take them off you - so before you have lo take the stuff out you realy want x

yeah copy your notes :)

i made a diary throughout mine which mostly I started filling in after the 12 week scan (had a miscarriage before so didn't want to start writing a diary before I was 100% sure things were ok). i took loads of bump photos too and also made a belly cast :)

it's good to look back on!

[quote="mrs_tommo22

One thing carly, you wont be able to keep your notes hunni - they take them off you - so before you have lo take the stuff out you realy want x[/quote]

I only found out after having my son but if you want a copy of ALL of your hospital notes, even what they write when you get admitted for albour and your stay etc you can write off and pay £10 for a copy. My midwife told me afer having Ben. Think she said they have to keep them for 10 years then get rid of them. so it might be worth asking your midwife if you want to get hold of them, i was going to but never got round to it, might get them all after i've had this one, would be nice looking back to see what they put in my labour notes :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mrs_tommo22 said:
xCarly said:

One thing carly, you wont be able to keep your notes hunni - they take them off you - so before you have lo take the stuff out you realy want x

Noooooooooo :eek:

Thank God You Told Me, I'll Photocopy Them Asap! Thanks :) XXX

dunno why they keep them.. silly really.. coz they as u.. what was ur last pregnancy like etc etc.. and just take your word for it anyways..

i think its a really nice idea..i kept a photo album for charlotte and cut out all her cars and what people had written in them and stuck them over 5 pages of the album..also she had one of those keep sake books.. but she managed to get hold of it when she wasabout 2 and ripped all the photos.. naughty girl..

i've kept a lil diary but havent really put much in it, need to update it a bit, havent written in it since about 24 weeks. My sis bought me a gorgeous lil diary, a baby record book but it starts from ur scans and when you found out etc and goes right up to the first birthday. it had pages for handprint n stuff its so cute. they arent cheap tho

i've decided i'm going to do a 'what trog did' photo album - probably a hardback one via iPhoto on my mac :)

its going to have all the scan and bump pics, but also all the pics of what my OH and i got up to whilst i was pregnant - like glastonbury festival, special occasions, holidays and stuff... and i'm going to include notes on how we both felt at different times.

i'm waiting til i go off on maternity leave to start it - i'm a bit worried that i'm going to get bored in the time between finishing work and having the baby...

you can buy memory books about the pregnancy from the works shop.
Also i saw one in wilkinsons the other day from pregnancy right up to 5 years old. they have spaces in them for hospital tags, scan pics, fav foods when pregnant, number one in the charts.
I was going to do a scrap book but these books are just as good.

girlygirl said:
you can buy memory books about the pregnancy from the works shop.
Also i saw one in wilkinsons the other day from pregnancy right up to 5 years old. they have spaces in them for hospital tags, scan pics, fav foods when pregnant, number one in the charts.
I was going to do a scrap book but these books are just as good.

Yeah They're Great Iv Got One From Mothercare That Goes Up To Age 5 But Iv Got My Own Iv Made Too With More Spaces For Pics As Im a Photo Freak :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back