Major bump growth with lots of pains

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that everything is OK down there as my bean is still dancing around but has anyone had a major spurt at around 19-22 weeks and really feeling the stretch?

My bump ached more than usual last night and I spent most of the evening in bed as it was the most comfortable.

I felt bean kicking me most of the time so I was sure it was just major stretching. Sometimes it was bad enough to feel like a stitch and was definitely more of a hurt than an ache.

Please reassure me. You guys are so good at it. :D

Hi Sarah

I had that last week. It was quite painful but mostly if I moved suddenly. The baby goes through a huge growth spurt this week becuase it's adding fat under the skin. My tummy grew 2 inches and I put on 4lbs this week. :shock: Ooops! That's bound to hurt isn't it?

If the baby's happy and kicking I'm sure everything's fine.

Louise

Thanks Louise for what you said. It really helped.

Baby is still kicking me as I speak so I am happy.

If I put on four pounds this week then I will know why! yikes!! :shock: :D :D

Hi Sarah, you will find on average that most women put on the most weight between 4-7 months, I know I balloned really early and then it just sort of stopped, you can see from the pics on my pregnancy diary I was pretty big at 24weeks and after that each fortnightly pic looked much the same. I often felt like I had just eaten an enormous meal and was bloted, felt horrible, really tight and unable to move and no matter how I tried to sit I was in a lot of discomfort, till I ended up bursting into tears a lot of the time and just going to bed!

Oh the joys of pregnancy!

I have had backache for the last week. Last Saturday I was out and it was so bad I had to sit down. Now it is more like period pain cramping and I am also getting it in the my thighs like I normally do with a period. Is this normal? Is this what other people are getting?

I did read and I can't remember which week it was but it is around about now and that that the baby can grow around 10cm in that week and that is really a lot in such a short period of time.

BTW does anyone have any charts of on average how much the baby should be growing week by week. The baby was 17cm at 18 weeks and I would just like to know his size now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back