Maisie Miller (Fothers) 21st Jan 2008

fothers

Reaction score
Sorry - in a rush...

Lisa has had her baby!!!!! 8 lbs and 11 ozs - both are gorgeous and fine. Baby arrived at 9:06 this morning. I'm sure she'll be on tomorrow to fill you all in more about it

Luke (Lisa's bfriend)

****Just to edit with quick birth story and a couple of pictures. Thanks everyone for all the lovely messages :hug:

Maisie was born 6 days overdue on Monday 21st Jan at 9.06am weighing 8lb 11oz!!! Glad I didn't realise how big she was going to be beforehand!

The midwife did a sweep on the 16th Jan at 1 day overdue and I had a show starting the day after that (Friday). On Sat night/Sunday morning I woke up with contractions at 1.30am and got very excited. They were coming every 8 mins or so through the night so I phoned the hospital at 8.30am Sunday morning and half an hour later they stopped :wall:

The contraction came back through the day and at teatime on Sunday they were every 5 minutes and lasting about 40secs then stopped again. WE went to bed and I woke up at midnight with contractions coming every 4 minutes or so and lasting at least 1 minute, sometimes 2 minutes and they were really painful- crawling around on hands and knees unable to stand etc but after all the stop\starting I was in denial and OH convinced me to let him phone hospital at 1.30am. They really did feel so different to the ones earlier in the day so we were in business at last.

We got to the hospital at 3am on Sunday night/Monday morning and I was 3.5cm dilated and the cervix was really thin and the waters were bulging. Contractions were coming thick and fast and I was majorly addicted to zapping myself with the TENS machine. I don't know how much pain relief it gave but it was a great distraction.

The midwife came back to check us at 5am and said she thought I should have some pain relief to try and let me rest and I hadn't slept for 2 days at this point due to the flase alarm the night before. I was a bit reluctant as didn't want any pethidine/morphine but was so tired I was dosing off while leaning on the bed for the 30sec break between contractions and was worried I would have problems pushing later due to exhaustion.

We decided to go for a diamorphine injection and also an anti-sickness as I was worried about it making me queasy. I had them at about 5am. It was FANTASTIC! I lay on the bed with the lights really low and the window open and listened to the rain and OH went and lay in the fathers room to get a rest. I could still feel the contractions and didn't sleep but was so chilled out- I was just thinking I was really enjoying it. I kept zapping myself with the TENS too. After about 30mins my waters popped- and they did make a pop sound- :shock: so I buzzed the MW and she came and checked and said there was meconium in it so I would need to get hooked up to the monitor for the heartbeat. When she examined me at that point I was 7cm so had went from 3-7cm in 2.5 hours! :)

I kept lying there really chilled and and thinking I was quite enjoying myself and was checked again at 7.30am and was fully dilated. At this point they said as I was quite happy it was worth not pushing til I really got the urge and to let the contractions move her as far down as they could without my effort. I started pushing at 8.20am and she was born at 9.06am weighing a whopping 8lb 11oz and 54cm long! I had a minor tear inside that had a few sutures but otherwise escaped unscathed.

I am so glad I had the diamorphine injection- I didn't use gas\air or anything else. It was such a peaceful birth- I felt like I was in my own little world- I didn't inflict any injuries or abuse on Luke and was extremely polite asking for sips of water and vaseline between pushes :rotfl: I think it would have been a totally different story had I not had the injection as I would have been so exhausted and I am sure things would have progressed much slower.

I even told the midwives a couple of minutes after the birth that it wasn't that bad and I had quite enjoyed it :rotfl:

Maisie is gorgeous and was completely worth the wait- we are so happy :D

Maisie.jpg
Couple hours after birth

maisie_day_2_050.jpg
2 days old

congratulations on baby fothers! cant wait to hear more :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads