Made a big decision....

Snuggle

Reaction score
...I'm leaving the RAF!

We decided to sell up our house and move back into RAF married quarters for a few years so that I can leave the RAF and spend time with Maddison. It has been upsetting me every day thinking about putting Maddison in nursery and me having to work 8am-5pm and only see her for a couple of hours before bedtime. Then today I talked to my work who informed me that we are short staffed and I will probably have to work a few nights each week too (finishing around 11pm) so I wouldnt see Maddison at all on these days :(
DH and I sat down and discussed things and worked out finances and realised that we would be better off financially if we got rid of mortgage and I stayed home with Maddison.

So I need to find out how to go about putting house up for sale now, wish me luck!

Sorry this was so long :roll:

Sounds like you've made the right decision & will be best for u all in the long run, good luck with the house sale i hope it all goes smoothly :)

The childcare just eats up mpney you make doesnt it. You are doing the right thing. I take it your oh is in the raf too.

As for the house, we went to an estate agent and Stuart has a independant finanical advisor that he uses for things like that. Only pays for him when he uses him.

Good luck :D

good luck snuggle, i hope its not as complicated as it sounds!! :pray:

on the plus side u get Maddison day everyday!! :cheer: :cheer:

good luck... time with your LO is priceless at that age!

I wish you all the best in everything you intend to do hun :hug:

Good luck! It sounds like a really good decision. Who knows, you may even make money if there is a housing crash (my OH is convinced there will be) and you'll be able to buy an even nicer house when the time is right for you! :cheer:

:cheer:

From your previous posts re going back to work i'd def say you making right decision hun :hug:

wow snuggle, im in total shock for you and so happy as well that you and maddy will be seeing lots of eachother and you wont be going back to work.

Havent you not long been in your house though, i swear you only moved in there when you were 30 weeks pregnant.

I agree with urchin though, this time with your daughter is precious. Imms is the reason im not going back to work.

May have to change this plan, due to us only buying the house in July it would cost us £6383 in early repayment charges then solicitors and estate agent fees on top and we cant afford that :(
Going to have a good think about things and see what we can do.
Thanks for all your replies :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Snuggle :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm sure you'll work it all out, I don't know anything about mortgages :oops:
At least you and OH are agreed on finding a way and that's going to help you both get through this, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Snuggle said:
May have to change this plan, due to us only buying the house in July it would cost us £6383 in early repayment charges then solicitors and estate agent fees on top and we cant afford that :(

What about changing to an interest only mortgage and renting your house out until your term ends and you can sell?

Hope you manage to sort things out :hug:

Kina said:
Snuggle said:

What about changing to an interest only mortgage and renting your house out until your term ends and you can sell?

Hope you manage to sort things out :hug:

Even if we change our mortgage we have to pay this fee, we're stuck really :( We have to decide now whether to stay put and money will be tight for a while due to mortgage and childcare costs or to move and pay the fees :?

aww, sounds like the right decision to me, enjoy ur time with her! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back