Maclaren XLR

lozzi

Reaction score
Is this pram quite big?

Im looking at it for my nephew, hes only 18months but hes as tall as a 3 year old..

Thanks in advance

I just ordered this last night :D I'm going to be using it from birth and if it is no good because it is too big I will get something else for the first few months. I don't know for sure, but I'm sure it is supposed to be a bit wider than average pushchairs. It certainly can take a fair bit more weight than most (all?) others.

Here's what I like about it:
It is so much easier to steer than anything else!
You only need one hand to fold it.
It is good quality fabric so hopefully the hood and sides will block most of the cold wind that blows off the North Sea!
It comes with everything you could need, including cosy toes.
OH and I are tall and the handle height on this is good for us - it's shortest height is the same as the tallest height on the silver cross for example.
I'm also getting it because you can attach a car seat but that is obviously no use to your nephew.

I don't know if this is of any help. I know the main thing is the size. If your sister or brother buys it off the mothercare website, remember to put in the code HX7 so that they get £15 off (So it would be £165). And postage is free because it is over £150. If it's too small they could take it back to a Mothercare store if there's one near them.

kalia said:
OH and I are tall and the handle height on this is good for us - it's shortest height is the same as the tallest height on the silver cross for example.

OOOOO thats good to know.. cos im looking at one for me too :shhh:

How tall are you?

Im 6ft with a long stride, will it be ok for me?

I normally kick the brake bit.....

I'm 5'8" so not really that tall, though I do take long steps, but OH is 6'3". I make him walk properly round shops pushing pushchairs to make sure he doesn't hit the brake. He gets very embarrased as normally people just push them a little bit :D I certainly don't hit the brake and he doesn't seem to either (though he may have shuffled a little due to embarassment :rotfl: ).
There are reviews on http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews134917.html where tall people say it's great and short people have problems. The latest review is bad but everyone else loves it And someone with a large 2 year old says it is a great size :D

My brother is 3 and has a Maclaren Techno(not sure if it's the XLR or XT) but he fits in it fine.

kalia said:
I'm 5'8" so not really that tall, though I do take long steps, but OH is 6'3". I make him walk properly round shops pushing pushchairs to make sure he doesn't hit the brake. He gets very embarrased as normally people just push them a little bit :D I certainly don't hit the brake and he doesn't seem to either (though he may have shuffled a little due to embarassment :rotfl: ).
There are reviews on http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews134917.html where tall people say it's great and short people have problems. The latest review is bad but everyone else loves it And someone with a large 2 year old says it is a great size :D

You know it says adjustable handles... do you know how!?

I went into Toys r us playing with this AGES ago, and it was great first time, then went back to buy it, and i was kicking the back bar.... it was only just the other day reading the review that i noticed that it is adjustable handle, so im presuming someone was messing about wiht handle height between my visits lol

Just to be nosey, which colourway have you gone for? Im gonna get Coffee and powder pink, its LUSH :dance:

Hi Lozzi,

I think Nic'n'Keeley has this buggy in coffee and powder pink!

Hiya i have this buggy in the coffee and pink colour and i love it!
The buggy wil last for ages... there's loads of growing room plus the handles adjust to make them higher or lower which mite be good for you Lozzi :)

If I remember properly, there's a switch like button on the inside of the handle bar, just under the handle. It doesn't have a huge height range but it does go up by 10cm or so.

I've bought it in Navy and light blue. We don't know if we're having a boy or a girl so I thought this would be the most gender neutral one as I could put a pink head hugger or something like that if I have a girl. They have taken out a coffee and light blue now, but I got my heart set on the navy - I saw it in the Leith Pram Centre and I really liked it :D I'm not sure why I think blue is gender neutral yet pink is only for girls :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back