luteal phase too long? please help

rachypoo

Reaction score
for the past 2 months i have been staying away from forums as i was getting too obsessed. i have irregular cycles every 3 months. they like to change every 3 cycles and can range from 22-50 days i have noticed. last month was changeover month again and my cycle went from 31 days to 40-42 i think i was 11 days late and thought i was pregnant but i wasnt. now this month it appears it has done it again skipped past 31 so im guessing it will be 42 again. the problem is i have been using basal body temperature and i had a thermal shift on day 21 like last month it was exactly the same but my luteal phase last month was 20 days how could this be? i did the same thing again took my temp on cd 21 and it was 35.7 then i took it the next day and it was 36.5 the highest its been in ages. then i took it a few days later and it was 36.7. i was porly all valentines week i was in bed with a chest infection and only just recoverd and stopped coughing the end of last week. could these mad temperatures be due to me being ill and could this delay menstruation or given me this weird temp drop. i havnt been activly trying this month but i took a pregnancy test on wednesday the 1st and it was negative have i taken the test too early when my period was due yesterday. i am so confused!!!!! i have been getting diahorrea and cramps but no positive test and no period i definatly feel like im going to come on in the next few days but its just not happening. i have no pregnancy signs i just have occasional cramps and sore boobs last night they were so sore i couldnt sleep without a bra on. i have no idea whats going on and somebodys input would be lovely. i have had no pms this week do you think this is because i am irregular and my cycle date has changed yet again? so i should be due 12th march seeing as my last period was the 1st of feb. is it possible to have a luteal phase so long?

Hi Rach

Your situation sounds so awful. I too have long unpredictable periods, but I haven't been charting like you. It's the charting that you've done that really confuses me! They always say that ovulation can be delayed because of stress/illness/whatever, leading to a long cycle...but they say that the luteal phase doesn't vary. Once you've ovulated, you're 12-16 days away from your next period (or BFP!). So that's what I don't get with your situation. it seems like you've got a really long luteal phase, as you've said. Weird! If you OVed on Day 21 you should get your period by Day 37 at the latest.

Anyway, so sorry to worry you, but I have read that if you have a long luteal phase this can affect fertility. It shouldn't really be longer than 16 days, from what i've read.

Keep charting and try to stay relaxed...good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back