luteal phase defect

Brighty

Reaction score
Hey ladies...
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of lpd...
I have 22 day cycle and am ov'ing around day 13.
This month I've been spotting since CD20, and af has hit full force today.
I've got a doc's appointment next week.
I've been advised b6 vitamins and obviously a conception support vitamin.
Conceived my first pregnant on second cycle and also with my little boy second cycle too, but we've now been trying since April. Doing nothing different from last time, but my cycle was different. Was 25 days, ov'd day 11 before pregnancy.

Would really appreciate any advise/experiences.

Xx

hi brighty sorry i don't have any experience with ld but didn't wanna read and run hopefully one of the other ladies will be more help! sending you lots of baby dust tho! hopefully you don't have to wait too long for your bfp xx

No advice either but sending baby dust and lots of luck

Have you tried Agnus Castus? My cycle was 24-26 days after having my son and AC almost immediately lengthened it to 27 and even though I stopped taking it this month, I'll be on cd28 tomorrow!

My cycles weren't particularly short but I did experience spotting for about a week before af each month, even though my progesterone blood levels seemed ok! So I was put on progesterone supplements which stopped the spotting and we conceived second month using them xx

Thanks ladies.
I'll look into Agnus castus... Never heard of it!

Congratulations btw unicorn! That's brilliant!
Hoping docs will take me seriously. I know 8/9 months isn't long to be conceiving in the grand scheme of things, but just feel like since my cycles are so different, there's a link!

Xx

Yep I have this - the spotting makes it shorter (I have short cycles anyway - 24 days - but spotting before that of up to 13 days!). I actually ov on cd10 so wouldn't be a problem without the spotting, I clearly have a progesterone deficiency as a result of PCOS.

Not found a permanent fix yet. Progesterone suppositories do tend to stop it, as does clomid (but I can't have that as I over-responded). Chromium did too but for some reason hasn't this month, argh.

I feel your frustration xx

Have you had any blood work done by your GP Brighty? That might well tell you something... spotting is often progesterone related for example, as Unicorn mentioned.

It's so bloody frustrating!!! I used to be 25 days and that was alright, no spotting before hand, but pregnancy seems to have fluffed me up! Hope they find something to work phonixgirl.

Got the docs on Thursday birdie (earliest they could fit me in with a lady doctor). Hopefully they'll suggest a blood test.

I'm now taking a vit b6 tablet and a multi vitamin... And I've ordered some vitamin c chewable a too... Feeling incredibly worn out the last few days. Probably just a busy week mixed in with af.

Thanks for the responses ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back