lumps?

Lynds77

Reaction score
how long did you give your LO's purees for before they took lumps?

Freya refuses to eat anything lumpy off a spoon. She gags and tries to get it out with her tongue then usually ends up throwing up

she will however happily sit and munch on chunks of strawberry, avocado, cheese, apple and skips!!
she does gag on them now and again, but she pretty much manages it.

she is nearly 8mnths!!! her gag reflex is far too strong....

then again cause of her reflux we are a little behind in the weaning

Have you tried her with actual food Lynds?

I know you say she has Mango and stuff but have you tried giving her what you puree in it's pure form?

xxxxxxx

am not into BLW. Just too messy for me, cant take it! and also with her being so bad at taking milk up until now, I kinda like knowing exactly how much she is getting into her.

I started with batches of broccoli, carrot and sweet potato mash, and now i give her broccoli and cauli in a cheese sauce and chicken, carrot and broccoli puree mixed with apple puree.

tomorrow she is getting salmon, tomato and potato just mashed with a fork. No idea if she will take that or not!

I have baby pasta, but too scared to use it yet.

tomorrow she is getting started on stage 2 Plum porridge, try to get her used to more lumpy textures. She just doesn't like it though!

I guess it just takes time? I don't know any adults that only eat purees so she'll eventually get there!

Just keep persevering

xxxxxxx

Could you do a wee bit com TW/BLW combo. Like purée some things but instead of worrying about adding lumps, give her something to munch on? If its only la few veggie sticks she wouldn't make too much mess, and you could stole pion feed some purée so you'd know she'd get a decent amount of food in her . X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

thanks girls. Yes thats true, I dont know any adults either that only eat puree food!

although my sister just informed me that I wouldn't take lumps in my soup till I was about 5. It always had to be blended to get me to eat it! oops..

I do a little BLW with some finger foods. Just cucumber, broccoli, spelt biscuits, skips, cheese sticks (her favourite), strawberries etc etc. But that is always her snack after her main meal.

have just got a nibble net and some full bibs so can let her loose a little more on messy stuff.

We did smooth purés for about 3-4 weeks. Amelie would gag too on lumps so we left those apart and went too eith finger food together with smooth purée. She would have the purée and then I would give her either for example a muffin to hold and eat or feed her whole pieces in bite shape from my food. Ate was handling big chunks of food better than lumps on a spoon, she eventually learnt to eat lumps too but that after the chunks. Anyway eating lumps was unnecessary eventually as once she was eating chunks that how she eats now most of the food with her lunch just pulsed in the blender and spoon fed (mostly because she doesn't digest still whole chunks of food so I want her to get some proper nutrition- I find in her poo loads of chunks of food whole still so until she has more teeth pulsed lunch it is)

I've gradually made Aaron's food lumpier ... But he's never had smooth purées

His food now looks like this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369308403.104352.jpg

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

Lynds - there are still some soups I prefer blended - when I worked in a nursing home I always had the smooth Sunday broth - don't eat broth any other way. Lol

Lynds - there are still some soups I prefer blended - when I worked in a nursing home I always had the smooth Sunday broth - don't eat broth any other way. Lol

me too! i hate big lumps in my soup. Especially big lumps of carrot or neep. eek.

I have discovered that mixing a little butter through whatever dinner I am giving her seems to make the lumps a bit more bearable. She is scoffing it all down now anyway and only minimal gagging! :roll:

have just got a nibble net and some full bibs so can let her loose a little more on messy stuff.

What's a nibble net? I just googled it and all that came up was horse feeders. I'm kind of thinking that's not what you've bought her??

well I was out and about the other day and then was heading to my SIL's new flat for a nosey. I had a panic that she might not have a microwave to heat up poppets nummies so I went and bought a pouch of Ellas 7mnths+ Spag Bol.

anyway, out of curiosity I gave her it today. And its not lumpy at all!! was smoother than my purees right enough.

so now I am not so worried, cause if that is what a lot of babies her age are getting, then she is already way ahead!

WSS. If I have to feed her sth smooth now I put inside bites of bread or couscous and in yogurts pieces of biscuit or cookies otherwise she gets frustrated if not chewing action happens lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back